Thread: 1st gen front end repair

Exclamation 1st gen front end repair

So one of the things I have to get done is fixing the front of my Blazer. Currently the front bumped is smashed, the metal just behind the bumper is unusable and rusted, and the valance is non existent. The headlight trim needs replacing, and I need a new Grille (I had a Billet Grille but it... broke).

So any suggestions for replacing this all (cheapest place to order it all)? I figured I'd just buy a new bumper, but given the metal behind it is all smashed as well I would have to fix that first. So I'm just checking what my options are. Thanks!

Where the bumper is smashed in most is where the metal directly behind is totally unusable. It's all rusted and mangled beyond repair.

call a local junk yard and see if they have what your looking for before you order it from some where

it looks like you only need a grill, a bumper, and a lower valence and one marker light, which you should be able to get from a junkyard

did the rad support get damaged in the accident?

The radiator support seems to be totally fine. So I'm safe there.

I've checked with a few Junkyards and a few had the bumper, but I can't track down a Valence so far.

And if you can't find the filler panel at the junkyard, lmc truck has them, and I don't think they are very expensive $30-$40...but it all depends on your budget

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ebay ebay ebay, lmc is stupid expensive for shit like that. My gmc grill was 50 bucks shipped and fit good and looked great. If the bumper brackets are bent you can bend them back. I bent mine back with a propane/mapp gas torch and a hammer after a little accident (similar to yours but i hit a trailer hitch directly on the frame horn) but if you want to replace them they do make bolt on ones, and a lot of frames with welded on ones do have the bolt holes, mine are welded but have the holes for the bolt on ones too.

Ebay Is Where I Got Some Stuff For My Jimmy...it Wasn't Bad At All
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

I'll probably end up doing a combination of Junkyard salvages and eBay. Basically everything below the grill will need to be 100% replaced. So brackets, filler panel, bumper, valence stuff like that. I do worry about buying from eBay given the quality of my last purchase was pretty poor.

Story behind that was, I had installed it perfectly fine (all 4 supports and everything in according to the instructions that came with it), but when I got home one day it was sticking out in the upper right corner. Turns out the support snapped right off from the grill. Just cheaply made I suppose... That and it really didn't make any sense where they had me attach it. But there was literally no other way.

But thanks for the suggestions everyone. Helps a lot.

edit: Has anyone ever replaced the Filler Panel? Just curious, I was looking at it, and it looks straight forward but there might be something I'm missing.
    Last edited by 0liver; 02-22-2011 at 11:05 PM.