Thread: DJM Drop Spindles

Hybrid View

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar

DJM Drop Spindles

I got them for my '97 Izuzu Hombre and was planning on painting them, buying new bearing and rotors, and having it all assembled and ready to swap. I found a good price on vented slotted rotors, bearings and seals, ect... My main hesitation is I eventually want bigger discs with twin piston callipers. So I should probally eliminate the 1 piece bearing in the rotor set up and swap to a slip on/over style. What year did this change? Part numbers? N E 1 else running bigger brakes on their 2WD? Would it be easier to just sell my brand new in the box unopened spindles and go get used Corvette front spindles allready loaded? Cleveland Pick a Part is full of em.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Well, after doing some more reading on hear I think Belltech is the only dropped spindle that takes bolt on bearing assembly for twin piston slip on rotors?
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

I take it you currently don't hyave the devoriced hub/spindle setup found on 98+ blazers?

And yes belltech is the only one who makes drop spindles for the twin piston calipers.

After I switched my first gen to 98+ blazer brakes with belltech spindles, I found for the same or less you can buy parts and cut you spindles you have now for camaro or corvette calipers.....flynbye.com Ed is a great guy to talk to and deal with
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Check the classifieds for the drop spindles I just posted. They would work on you Isuzu Hombre. Email me if you're interested

So, will new Camaro or Vette brakes fit on the DJM dropped spindles I bought with a simple caliper relocate bracket or should I sell them? My rims allready hit the tie rods way before full steer and I'm worried this will be worse once the mounting point of the wheels is moved up the spindles. Machining off the disc to use the studs for slip on style seams easy enough.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"