Thread: Some questions about a 2/2 drop on a 03 blazer xtreme

Some questions about a 2/2 drop on a 03 blazer xtreme

My belltech spindles and 2 inch blocks came in today for my 03 xblazer and i'm planning to install them soon, but i have some questions. i did read the sticky on lowering 98up blazers. my questions are Bumpstops, how much do i trim off front and rear? do i still need to flip the brake lines for 2 inch blocks in the rear? how long should i expect a shop to complete this? I'd do the work myself but between my work schedule and living in a apartment its kinda hard.
    03 Blazer xtreme. 2/2 belltech drop. aem brute force intake, borla exhaust.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    I was 2/3 with spindles and blocks, i never touched my bump stops in the rear but I did remove the front ones. My lines were not flipped. And as far as the shop thing goes you have you tried floridatruckscene.com there's probably someone there that would be able to help over you taking it to an actual shop.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Thank you for the reply. I was just confused as to why some people remove the bump stops and some just trim them. do they interfere with your drop? like if your sittin on them? i know its only a 2inch drop all around but with the factory xtreme its more like 3.5-4.0 which is also why i'm confused about flipn the rear brake lines. because some people say do it for anything over a three inch drop.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    I believe they mean a 3"+ drop of the rear on top of the factory drop. You can trim or remove as much as you want, with out them you will have more travel but then you have the axle on frame problem. If you are really worried, qualityairride.com(formerly suicidedoors) has a bolt in notch that you can install to solve any bottoming out.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

hey thanks for the help. i think i'm gonna just cut an inch off the bumpstops. c-notch sounds cool but i think i'll wait on that if i decide to go lower in the future. when you did you 3 inch blocks did you run into issues with your pinion angle at all? i think i'll be alright since im i'm only going 2".

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar
    I did a 5/6 drop on my 97 blazer and I just swapped out the rear hard line for a russel softline and I completely removed the bump stops and cut the frame and welded in a half of a 6'' pipe so I could have the clearance and it works for the most part, all I can say is that I hate potholes and the speedbumps