Thread: 1995 GMC Jimmy... Please help

Soon to be low

1995 GMC Jimmy... Please help

I have been tossing around the idea of a V8 into my Jimmy. It all started when my aunts fiance started his V8 Fiero. He has a 425 H.P. 383 in a Fiero. I love the sound of the V8, I'd use the truck for cruisin at the local hang out and just something that you dont see alot around me. Theres been a few real hacked up V8 swaps. Although there has been a couple nice ones I have seen too. The Griff on another forum has a beautiful blazer. Older body style seems to be most common for the V8 swap.

I wanna aim for about 400 H.P. I dont want it to be the fastest thing on that street. Thats not my intentions at all. I want a nice, Lowered, Shaved, Clean looking V8'd Jimmy with a very nice rumble.

Which do you suggest? TBI or Carb'd? Which will be easier to hit my power goal?

The look I am going for is a 4/5 drop on some 15'' weld drag stars, Fully shaved.

Soon this will all come together, I just need others input before jumping into this.

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar
    well if u went tbi u would be restricted by the cfm of the tbi injectors, if u went carb'd u would also b restricted because of gas, now if you went with say a fuel injected system say a tpi or an efi set up then u could still have ur performance and gas mileage, kind of compare ur jimmy as an old school (67-69) camaro vs. newer school (93-02) camaro, do u want high performance or do u want performance and gas mileage? the old school motor will kick out some major hp, but the newer lt or ls motor can give u both performance and mpg's
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer:

Banned
    carb being restricted on gas?? lol

what knowledge do you have on this kind of stuff, id say an lsx swap with either a 5.3 or 6.0 but thats not a novice swap.

If you want a 400 horse carb small block, get a 96-99 VORTEC SHORTBLOCK

take the junk cam out and stick in a new one (roller by the way) high 22x's duration, around 500 lift (anything over low 500's on vortec heads are a waste) and a 110 ls. You will have to modify the vortec heads to accept the higher lift.

get a good intake manifold and carb and call it a day.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

superbee wat I meant by him being restricted with a carb was by gas mileage, I guess I need 2 proof read b4 I hit the post button lol
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer:

Banned
    ahh ok :)

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

yep sorry about that lol