Thread: static/bag combo

Question static/bag combo

I searched to see if some thread on this was already done, and couldn't find one. Sorry if this is a double post, or someone has already gone over this.

I was wondering if anyone has run a static drop up front and bags in the back? I currently don't have the financial ability to run bags in front and back, and if anything I'm more interested in bagging the back first and getting that out of the way.

How would you all, who have much more experience then I do, set this up? What type of drop up front (how much that is, to keep it drivable), and what type of setup in back? Someday I'll bag the front too, but I figure financially speaking this seems to be the way to start.

Thanks!

edit: I don't mind losing the back seat in the build, I plan to make this thing lay frame some day. So if that changes your suggestions on how to proceed, just thought I'd throw it in.

It would be cheaper to bag the front in my opinion. The rear is a lot of work depending on wheel size notch 4 link so on....
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    It would be cheaper to bag the front in my opinion. The rear is a lot of work depending on wheel size notch 4 link so on....
    true, but I'm in a position where I can do the back anyways. Just not the front at the same time. I suppose that sounds a bit strange, but I mean I can do all that work right now, even if it is a lot more.

I Ran The Front Bagged And Just Dropped The Rear Way Back When....it Was Cool...well Good Luck Wit It
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    You could do a spindle/coil up front for a 4 or 5" drop and bag the rear. Honestly the spindles would be approx the price of 2 bags, but the price of the valves/line would probably out weigh the cost of coils. I'm bagged up front and just static in the rear.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorKaos View Post
    You could do a spindle/coil up front for a 4 or 5" drop and bag the rear. Honestly the spindles would be approx the price of 2 bags, but the price of the valves/line would probably out weigh the cost of coils. I'm bagged up front and just static in the rear.
    It seems like the general static/bag combo is bags in front, static in back then lol. I suppose I could do that, it would save me some cutting for now. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    I Ran The Front Bagged And Just Dropped The Rear Way Back When....it Was Cool...well Good Luck Wit It
    Thanks man, I'll probably go bags in front now that I've been thinking about it. Makes more sense for now.

edit: Sorry for so many questions, but I found this on QAR - http://qualityairride.com/stuff-sale...ags-12-airline it says s10 kit. For the price, I'd buy that right this second but anyone use this kit before on their blazer? Specifically first gen? I have no idea if this kit will work in my truck.
    Last edited by 0liver; 03-01-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: probably a stupid question

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ive ran their cups on my truck since 2003, fyi that is the new name for Suicidedoors which cranks out some good shit. Ive been front bag'd and rear static dropped since then too lol. Its cool but shitty to have a 6 or 7 inch drop in the rear with no adjustability but then the front is fully adjustable, ride tons better and goes lower. Makes the rear shitty lol. But it you want a good deal on a setup to get the front going give them a call and they will take care of you. For years they had a "s10forum.com front special" it was one comp, a tank, airline, valves and bags/cups for a pretty good price. I dont know if they still do it, but im sure they would give you a good deal if you bought it all. The are where all my air ride stuff has come from

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    ive ran their cups on my truck since 2003, fyi that is the new name for Suicidedoors which cranks out some good shit. Ive been front bag'd and rear static dropped since then too lol. Its cool but shitty to have a 6 or 7 inch drop in the rear with no adjustability but then the front is fully adjustable, ride tons better and goes lower. Makes the rear shitty lol. But it you want a good deal on a setup to get the front going give them a call and they will take care of you. For years they had a "s10forum.com front special" it was one comp, a tank, airline, valves and bags/cups for a pretty good price. I dont know if they still do it, but im sure they would give you a good deal if you bought it all. The are where all my air ride stuff has come from
    Yeah I could imagine it making the rear seem like crap, having bags in the front lol. But it's better then no bags at all :cool: . So I'll do that for now, then do the back end when I have more money to put into this project. Thanks man