Thread: rearend question

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar

rearend question

I'm not sure if this goes here or in the fabricators forum but how hard would it be to put in a corvette irs in a 2nd gen blazer:confused: , I've always wanted to do it but I didn't know if it was possible, it always sounded like a stupid question but like my old man tells me the old stupid is the only question that isn't asked, and I know that everyone is gunna say that anything is possible with torches and a welder, but I wanna know if it's possible to do it
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer:

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    I don't see why it's not possible. People use supra IRS quite often.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

well like I said I wanna use a corvette irs not a supra, does anybody have any info or a how to on how to do the swap?
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer:

i believe you will find it's going to be to wide, but with the right custom off set rim it may work but dont know till you put a tape on it. they can be cut down and of course anything is possible, the center section needs to be fix mounted to the chassis then the a-arms will have to be cut and fitted to get the with right. i am not going to lie it's not a simple thing because everything needs to be 100% perfect or you will get dog tracking or bad wheel hop or may other problems.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerman20 View Post
    well like I said I wanna use a corvette irs not a supra, does anybody have any info or a how to on how to do the swap?
    Welll excuuuse me for informing you that people use irs setups aleady so it can be done. Since they are both still and independent setup, maybe checking out a few builds with a supra rear end would help you with your corvette problems. But that seems like doing actually research yourself would be WAY to hard for you.

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

I didn't mean 2 snap kaos, and like members have stated on here if u can't stand the flaming then u won't last long here, well I'm definatly standing the heat, just like I did on s10forum till I got so busy that I decided to delete my account one day, and I have looked all over the site and I can't find anything, hell I even re-registered for the forum and I can't find anything on there either, that's why I had asked my question on here, because I have 5 1st gen's and 1 2nd gen and out of all of them I only have 2 lowered and my 2nd gen I wanna setup with an irs, so I guess flame on

Banned
    what year corvette?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

I don't know about here, but there's a couple builds on s10forum using C4 Corvette IRS. They need to be narrowed about 9" to be the same width as a 2wd s-series rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by tunerman20 View Post
    I didn't mean 2 snap kaos, and like members have stated on here if u can't stand the flaming then u won't last long here,
    hes been a member since 2003 ;) lol

Daily Dime
    i don't know much about a c4, but i will suggest staying away from a c3. the c3 doesn't use upper and lower control arms, it uses 2 toe arms and a trailing arm. its very awkward to work with, and getting it to go straight is a whore.
    1994 4x4 4DR BLAZER - 3" Blocks - Keys Up Front - Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks - 16" 4th Gen Camaro Salad Shooters - 225/60 - 255/55 - Pickup Flares - Relocated Spare Tire - Custom 1-Off Camaro Hood - Custom 1-Off 12" Camaro Front Brakes - Daily Driver

@Superbee I was given an irs out of an 89 'vette

@AirSic I kinda figured that I would have to get it narrowed cuz it looks a little wide

@Turner I wasn't meaning any disrespect at all towards him

@LeadFootedRacer yea I heard the same thing, the Irs setup that I was given was out of an 89 and it's a 3.45 rear gear

Daily Dime
    i only said what i said, because i have a '79 vette rear in a '31 ford 5 window coupe, and its a whore. experience means the world... :(
    1994 4x4 4DR BLAZER - 3" Blocks - Keys Up Front - Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks - 16" 4th Gen Camaro Salad Shooters - 225/60 - 255/55 - Pickup Flares - Relocated Spare Tire - Custom 1-Off Camaro Hood - Custom 1-Off 12" Camaro Front Brakes - Daily Driver