Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riddle Me This...

Daily Dime

Riddle Me This...

Will 2wd upper and lower control arms fit a 4wd Frame? What if I cut all tabs off and re-fab new tabs? Are the frame rails the same height?

What are some of the lowest numbers people have gotten out of the 4wd setup with the shafts removed, without using bags?

I have done quite a bit of searching, and really have alot of questions. All i can find is people asking the same questions, not actually getting things done.

I am a fabricator, and have tons of ambition for this project. If i had money, id just buy a 2wd, but that money is not in the budget, and my truck is too mint to get rid of.
    1994 4x4 4DR BLAZER - 3" Blocks - Keys Up Front - Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks - 16" 4th Gen Camaro Salad Shooters - 225/60 - 255/55 - Pickup Flares - Relocated Spare Tire - Custom 1-Off Camaro Hood - Custom 1-Off 12" Camaro Front Brakes - Daily Driver

Banned
    It would probably be easier to ask what your goals are?

how far off the ground do you want your front crossmember, what overall tire height are you going to run?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Daily Dime
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    It would probably be easier to ask what your goals are?
    I'd like to have the bagged look, without dragging it on the ground. I want to sit somewhere near this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    how far off the ground do you want your front crossmember, what overall tire height are you going to run?
    I'd like to keep the truck streetable, and be able to pass over a speedbump without loosing my teeth. Overall tire height is a later issue, as i dont have the money for wheels/tires right now. I like the look of the 16" IROC wheels, so I'd probably end up with a 26-27" tire. Right now, the truck has the stock 29"s on it now.

My 3" drop hasn't even come in yet, i just ordered the stuff last night.
    1994 4x4 4DR BLAZER - 3" Blocks - Keys Up Front - Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks - 16" 4th Gen Camaro Salad Shooters - 225/60 - 255/55 - Pickup Flares - Relocated Spare Tire - Custom 1-Off Camaro Hood - Custom 1-Off 12" Camaro Front Brakes - Daily Driver

Banned
    well after the bolts are out of the crossmember, i lowered mine 5 inches from there. Id say you could go one more inch and anything past that would just not be streetable. YOu could drive it yes but it wouldnt be practical. streets just arent flat enough.

the rear is going to need a c notch and in the front, if you really are a competent fabricator then you can modify your upper control arms so they have a flatter angle on them to reduce the bolt joint angle. Hell if your gonna go that far make some new ones that dont stick out so far either.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Daily Dime
    so, my keys came in today from AirBagIt.Com, and they have 2 dimples on them. anyone know what the second dimple is for? i get no tech support on there website.

AIM is poop!
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Daily Dime
    i have now discovered this... the hex inside the key is 1/8" oversized. i called them and got nowhere, so now its off to the machine shop to make some 1/16" shims to weld to the keys. ghey

Banned
    the two shims are: 1 for the adjuster bolt that goes through the block to adjust ride height, and 2, is a notch for the tool to push against.

oversize bore? sounds like you got the wrong keys for either a fullsize truck or wrong year, or something. take those fuckers back and just modify your crossmember to lower it. those keys are expensive!

my 89 4x4 was 4 3/4" in the front and 6" in the back.... miserable ride but i live in the city so i fail.

if u can fabricate just go get a 2wd front clip from a junk yard it wont cost much

Daily Dime
    local yard wants $500 for a rolling front clip. kinda silly if you ask me.

Daily Dime
    plus i DD the blazer... I'm building an '87 camaro as my toy, have no need for 2 toys...

yet

Daily Dime
    finally got "Yuri Pham" to reply to an email. He says the ones i received are discontinued old stock, and need to be recycled. another set has been put out for delivery.

i made sure i mentioned i have heard nothing but awful reviews of their company, and was very upset that something like that made it through their quality control inspection. He informed me that they have hired new help for the season and they need more training. lmao.

these new ones had best be right or i'll fly out to arizona and make them eat both sets!!

as far as them being for the wrong truck, they are identical in size and shape to the stock ones, just the hex bore was cut oversized, as if the cutter tip's offset was off .0625" i made the shims to make them work, and started welding them together and decided to wait to finish them, just in case these guys were going to want them back.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    It seems 2 me that some people have yet to grasp the concept that you can't drive around with that much negative camber. When I dropped my '89 GMC 4X4 9" in the front and 7.5" in the back I knew that tucking was not an option. There is no offset possible that will keep the rims within the front fender if the camber is anywhere close to zero (driveable). I simply cut out the fender up to the body line (about the same as the inner fender well) and hid the cut with flares. I used Infinity SUV plastic but the ZR2 flares would have been better. To fix the camber I got uppers off a 2500 HD but AWD Astro arms would have worked. You can even use you stock uppers if you flip them ( passenger side up-side-down mounted on driver's side and vise/versa). This will fix the ball joint angle but not the camber. For that you will need a plate to move the ball joint out, thus lengthening the upper control arms.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

Banned
    mine with the tires just damn near at the fender flares arent too bad. Just drove to texas and back 1200 miles, tires dont get that much wear. Not perfect but not a problem either. Right now the only bad part is a spot in the inner fender wells where is nice and polished where the tires always hit on bumps, they tuck in fast enough to miss the outer fender lip. I could see an inch lower being a big problem for tire wear tho, after where mine is at the angle on the c arms start to camber the tire in FAST.