Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riddle Me This...

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    dont bother trying to put 2wd stuff on 4wd frame... save a few hundred up and get a 2wd frame... i was selling a 2wd frame and had a hard time selling it for $300!!!!!
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Daily Dime
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    Right now the only bad part is a spot in the inner fender wells where is nice and polished where the tires always hit on bumps, they tuck in fast enough to miss the outer fender lip. I could see an inch lower being a big problem for tire wear tho, after where mine is at the angle on the c arms start to camber the tire in FAST.
    i had to pull a bolt out of the left front one, it was ripping the lugs on the tire :p:

put some new wheels on, tires are 245/50r16. they are bald, so i put the stockers back on till i save up for some 235/60r16. the 50's were just too damn short.

and no, i STILL haven't gotten the ubolts to drop the rear... i bought a kit from autozone, but the ubolts were for a 3.5" axle, not a 2.5". now its too late to return them, so i just got lazy and left it like that... for now.

1994 4x4 4DR BLAZER - 3" Blocks - Keys Up Front - Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks - 16" 4th Gen Camaro Salad Shooters - 225/60 - 255/55 - Pickup Flares - Relocated Spare Tire - Custom 1-Off Camaro Hood - Custom 1-Off 12" Camaro Front Brakes - Daily Driver

It's a popular misconception that camber causes wear...it doesn't. Toe is what causes wear, because you are constantly scrubbing the tires. On the other hand, the whole hella flush thing just looks retarded.

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    ^ You've gotta be kidding me?

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Banned
    :evil::evil::evil::evil:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonmaster View Post
    It's a popular misconception that camber causes wear...it doesn't. Toe is what causes wear, because you are constantly scrubbing the tires. On the other hand, the whole hella flush thing just looks retarded.
    any mis alignment will cause tire wear.... caster, camber, toe, any of those not with in spec will wear your tires, or cause shitty steering, or driving issues.

to say that toe will only cause tire wear is just plain foolish....
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

I knew this would cause me problems.
    If you have any kind of toe, in or out, you are always scrubbing your tires.
    Caster has no effect on wear, it just helps to keep the vehicle going straight and to maintain a full contact patch when cornering.
    Camber has no effect on wear when going in a staight line, because you are not scrubbing the tires. When cornering, camber comes in effect because of contact patch.

Anyway, here's more.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ILd_TllhKpmtOg

Banned
    with camber, you are going to have pre-mature wear in a certain spot from the load not being distributed evenly across the tire like its meant to.

I can walk on the outside of my feet and not scrub them across the floor and end up with blisters. To me, thats wear.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    ^^ my point exactly

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    with camber, you are going to have pre-mature wear in a certain spot from the load not being distributed evenly across the tire like its meant to.

I can walk on the outside of my feet and not scrub them across the floor and end up with blisters. To me, thats wear.
    Nah, you just walk funny. :D

Regardless, you don't want to drive a vehicle with no toe anyway, they wander all over the place. So my point is really just kinda silly.

Daily Dime
    having negative camber WILL UNDOUBTEDLY wear the inside edge of the tire faster. i change tires for a living, i know this.
    1994 4x4 4DR BLAZER - 3" Blocks - Keys Up Front - Belltech Nitro Drop Shocks - 16" 4th Gen Camaro Salad Shooters - 225/60 - 255/55 - Pickup Flares - Relocated Spare Tire - Custom 1-Off Camaro Hood - Custom 1-Off 12" Camaro Front Brakes - Daily Driver

Daily Dime
    finally got the new rubber mounted and balanced, and the rear dropped... she needs a little more attention, then she'll be the perfect dd.

looks alot like my truck. lookin good! :D

Banned
    haha yeah.