Thread: Cracked manifold... Header time?

Soon to be low

Cracked manifold... Header time?

I am doing a build on my 4.3 slowly. The truck recently just got slammed.. And I noticed a ticking noise ever since I got it... The truck has a cracked manifold.. Does anyone make headers for the 4.3? I've seen a couple places and I have tried to look around but cant find much. Please let me know.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar

Well I just put hedman longtubes on my blazer that I got from summit, and all I have to say is goodluck with that shit. Luckily my engine was out during the whole install. But if the engine was in it would be a big pain in the ass. I have no clue how you would put them on with out the engine being lifted up a few inches, and the motor mount taken off, and the steering shaft on that side removed. It's a tight fit. The passenger side doesn't look like it would be too bad with the engine in. You could get shorties. But on a stock motor I don't think your gonna gain much of anything, and either way your still gonna be out even more money getting a new exhaust system. It be cheaper, and alot less of a headache to just put a new manifold on. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by DBLAZE View Post
    Well I just put hedman longtubes on my blazer that I got from summit, and all I have to say is goodluck with that shit. Luckily my engine was out during the whole install. But if the engine was in it would be a big pain in the ass. I have no clue how you would put them on with out the engine being lifted up a few inches, and the motor mount taken off, and the steering shaft on that side removed. It's a tight fit. The passenger side doesn't look like it would be too bad with the engine in. You could get shorties. But on a stock motor I don't think your gonna gain much of anything, and either way your still gonna be out even more money getting a new exhaust system. It be cheaper, and alot less of a headache to just put a new manifold on. IMHO
    i had headman long tubes on my 4.3L its a very simple install if you know what your doing. pull the inner fender and the headers cam be in within seconds.

Yeah your right. I forgot all about that fender well, and also your gonna have to do something with your power steering bracket that bolts to the manifold. I had to make my own

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i havent had that brace in about 6 years, the aluminum serpentine brackets are more than capable of supporting themselves

Figures...I wasn't sure, and didn want to fuck anything up, so I just made 1...now I'm gonna go home, and rip it off...lol