Thread: LR2 swap to a LQ4 in gen 1 s10 blazer

LR2 swap to a LQ4 in gen 1 s10 blazer

Hello I am in the process of choosing the powertrain combination of my truck and do not have any experience in what works best with what, and what exactly is going to fit. I want to do an LQ4 engine but I am open to suggestion for the transmission. The driveshaft I am almost positive is going to be custom so any ideas where to get one that can handle 400-500 hp at a good price? The axle I don't want to cut and weld or modify except for things that can be done without welding like changing gears and it does need to have either a locking diff or a dual paulsy i must have two tires burning out damn it!!! I am okay to install the diff or paulsy obviously but pre equipped is preffered.

Smile update

okay so i have done some research and am down to seeing if there is anything in competition price wise and as durable as a ford 9". I hate the thaught of a ford ina chevy please give me some alternatives. anything really i mean even if it is a lil bit more price wise i can always hold out and save some more first. but durability obviously is important to me as it will be a daily driver. and as to cutting it i dont give hoot anymore just tell me what is strong i will make it fit haha. also final thaught what about a jeep axle isnt it a dana 44 right? is that about right width wise because i have heard good things about the durability.