Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E3 diamondfire sparkplugs

Ngk's are what I use. No problems yet.

drop it low drive it slow f00dstampband1t's Avatar
    turner i agree with you for the most part. but i have always run higher octane in all of my cars. sure it might cost a little more but i fell its better then using crappy fuel. just sayin

Ok. Not to burst Your bubble but it's a common misconception that higher octane fuel is better for your engine. IT'S NOT! Octane rating is a fuels resistance to detonation. That's why higher compression engines need higher octane. The harder you squeeze the air fuel mixture the hotter it gets which causes the mixture to detonate. Other deciding factors like head material, air fuel ratio, ambient air temp, engine temp, sparkplug heat rating, or boost levels (which effects dynamic compression ratio) will effect an engines octane requirement. Theres hundreds of different variables that will decide an engines octane requirement. Just think... water has pretty much an infinate octane rating, imagine how hard you would have to compress an air water mixture to get it to detonate! That's how diesel engine's work. Low octane fuel plus 19 to 1 compression ratio equals detonation. That's the knocking sound deisels make. That's also why those diesel guys run water injection with their 30 lbs of boost. Water effectively raises the octane rating of the fuel mixture. Don't waist you money. Octane rating has nothing to do with quality of fuel.
    Last edited by ToLows10; 03-24-2011 at 10:14 AM.

bosch 4s are shit also

chad
    ac delco platinum professionals are the same as NGK platinums
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me