Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: needing help

needing help

hey i am need of some help! with my blazer i did the swap in it, it is a 91- 92 camaro 350 tbi it was running when i got it and now it is runing in my blazer but not like it should. i put all the 4.3 parts on the 350 tbi that where on my blazer, but it is still running rough, i replaced the prom chip today and it didnt help, i am running it without the chip it is running better without the chip, does anyone hane a suggestion on what it might be or what i should try, i am in desperate need for some sollutions....

well we kind of need to know how it's not running right.

misfire, rough idle, wont idle unless your giving it gas??????????
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

well i now that i need to get the o2 in it and it is runing rich and slugish and the ecm it is the 4.3 one but i got a 5.7 prom chip and put in it and that did not work at all i pulled it and it is runing without the prom chip it is just not wanting to move i am working on geting a ecm out of camaro now to see if that one will work

yeah get the right pcm and go from there, you have a pcm running a motor that is completely different from the motor. you might have two cyc that aren't firing at all, because the pcm isn't telling the two injectors to spray
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

ok cool whan i get one i will put up some more post on it
    if some more ppl have some tips that will be a big help

Yes, I agree. You need the ECM from the/a engine year Camaro to provide all the correct signals for your 8 cy vs. the 4.3 6 cy. Be carefull though, you may have to by-pass the VATS. If after you put in the Camaro ECM and the engine starts but dies shortly there after, it will be the VATS (Vehicle Anti-Theft System). Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Christensen View Post
    Yes, I agree. You need the ECM from the/a engine year Camaro to provide all the correct signals for your 8 cy vs. the 4.3 6 cy. Be carefull though, you may have to by-pass the VATS. If after you put in the Camaro ECM and the engine starts but dies shortly there after, it will be the VATS (Vehicle Anti-Theft System). Good luck.
    Do not listen to this, this advice it totally wrong.

To the OP get a 7747 pcm from an s-series, fullsize, or astro. then gen a prom from a 7747 pcm that was used with a tbi 5.7L

Use injectors from a 5.7L and a spark module from a 5.7L

you also need to get all the sensors hooked up before you complain about it running bad.

Banned
    hahah mark said everything i was going to, now my fingers arent tired, thanks.

running without a chip is running of the "limp home tune" do what mark said before you run it anymore, and yes, get an o2 sensor hooked up also.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

yah my dad is saying that my blazer does not have a spark module in it

drop it low drive it slow f00dstampband1t's Avatar
    wasnt it running ok after the swap? if so what did you change or do different for the new issues to be present?

drop it low drive it slow f00dstampband1t's Avatar
    you should! it should be on the firewall next to the heater core box.

Banned
    ALL of them do, the 93-95 have it BUILT IN to the ecm, but yours should be on the firewall like foodstampbandate said.

ORRRR, if they are using fullsize brackets and stuff it may be on the pass side of intake manifold on a bracket.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

ok yah i see it now i am going to go get now lol

well i got a ecm out of a camaro today and put it in and did not work at all and got a spark module to but do not no if it is working r not i will be takeing it to a shop to get the ecm and all looked at monday to see y it is not working for me

Banned
    maybe thats best.

but i will tell you, there are a GOB of tbi / tpi ecm's out there, THEY ARENT ALL THE SAME AND WONT ALL INTERCHANGE.

if the ecm in that camaro had a different setup or piniout that could be your problem. but anyways, carry on.