Thread: ok guys, its time..

ok guys, its time..

hey guys, ive been a member here for lil while but never really posted anything, just did research. Great site, you guys have taught me alot. Anyways i have a 93 4x4 blazer 4.3 cpi and 4l60e thats currently my daily driver. Over the winter ive been building a 383 stroker and its finally done (except for a carb and other lil odds and ends) and i wanna drop it in my blaze. Now i know it wont hold up unless i get it build, but can i re-use my stock tranny and eliminate the electronics if i use a b &m quicksilver rachet shifter? Or should i just get a 700r4? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would just get the 700r4. I may be wrong, but i dont think you can get rid of the electronics on the 4l60e. And 700r4s are plentiful... Atleast around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjsp View Post
    Everytime a Blazin Low member propagates the world is one Darwinian step better.

Banned
    YES you need to get a 700r4, the latest year model you can find. If you gonna build it up the builder should know to put all the nesissary updates they have come out with over the years and upgrade the weak points.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

yeah they are around here too i was just hopin to save the cash. Buildin this motor has broke the bank and im just tryin to cut some corners and still get this done. I put in my vacation from work for the last week of may so i still got some time to scrape together some money. What about my stock torque converter, can that be reused?

Banned
    for a 93? SHOULD be able to, i dont think they had pwm converters back then, so yeah that should work.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Ok sweet deal. thanks for the info guys. Ill try to get some pics of my motor posted tomm and ill keep you updated when i start the swap.

Banned
    cool

new block from summit

edelbrock intake, esp rotating assembly, summit 1106 cam with .292@.488

let me know if this works and ill post more

sorry its been so long with no progress....but i think ive finally got everythin i need and im startin my swap on sat. I got the JTR book last year and have read it front to back many times so i think i got the jist of what i need to do, but anyone have any lil pointers or anything to help me out?? Just because this is currently my DD and i need this to go as quickly/easily as possible. I only got 10 days vacation lol

My advice, dont listen to anything the jtr book says

So what would be your plan of attack?

Banned
    Go to v8s10.org for all your info.

ok thanks. Ive done some research on there but im not a member yet. Ill go join now.