Thread: Quick speedometer question

Hybrid View

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar

Thumbs up Quick speedometer question

I've searched with no luck. So, here's my question. The Blazer I recently purchased has a '91 'vette engine and a transmission with either an older transmission or oler tailshaft. There's about 7 inches of speedometer cable sticking out of the side of the transmission. I have cable driven gauges in the Blazer. Of course, none of the gauges work, except the fuel gauge(sort of). Which speedometer cable year/make do I need? I'm trying to work out one problem at a time. Having to guess how fast I'm going is my biggest concern at this time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

Banned
    get a stock cable for your truck.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    get a stock cable for your truck.
    yup
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

POS, an aftermarket company called LOKAR makes a "universal" cable & housing that you can cut to length. It is teflon lined and works very smooth and is reasonably priced. Compare to a new GM. Plus the extra length sometimes gives you an opportunity to make slower (less tight) bends. A salvage yard find for the OEM replacement would be the cheapest. Just clean and lube it up well. Oh yea, grease the cable too! LOL

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses. I'll check on that brand cable. I'll probably just get one from the local yard(plus a few other parts), as soon as I get my refund check in. Right now I'm working on fixing the massive exhaust leaks. The guy that did the swap didnast do a very good job. Thanks. :D
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

Just swapped my 350/350 trans in my 87 and Speedo don't work.Do I need to change anything!Sorry to bomb your thread I'm tired of guessing to!