Thread: I need suggestions for a 4 link on my 1989 2wd 2dr blazer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I need suggestions for a 4 link on my 1989 2wd 2dr blazer

Can someone please point me in the right direction for bagging the rear of my blazer.

I am solid on my air management and front end. Just do not want to chop the floor up or relocate the gas tank.

SO please please suggestions!!!

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    Need some critical info....

What are your plans? Whats you're final tire size? How low are you looking to go?

You're pretty limited if you don't plan on cutting into the floor....
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

I am thinking about an 18" wheel or 19" with maybe 45 series tires. Nothing too big. Daily driver style.

Just looking to get low not to lay frame right now but something to get me down and on air in the rear. If I can lay frame without chopping the floor, THat would be stellar.

lmao...so anywhere from likea 25-28" tall tire....that narrows it down :)

You're not going to be able to lay out with any of those without cutting into the back. I'm not sure how much time you've spent under your blazer, but there isn't a whole lot of room back there. Nobody makes a kit for the blazer any more, so you will be stuck fabricating most of it. I can build you a kit with the proper bar lengths to make it work with your factory spring perches and the stock driveshaft crossmember. As for bags, the only way you're going to fit anything in there will be to mount a set of F9000's behind the axle where the factory shocks mount, and you'll need to do some trimming and modifications to the gas tank crossmember and frame to get them in there. Bagging a blazer without cutting the floor is a more daunting task than alot of people seem to think....
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Well I contact some hommies at Cando. Local to me. And I have found the proper kit i am looking for. They make a bolt on link kit specific to the 2wd 2dr Blazers. Plus I have decided to get the cantilever bag set up.

I know its possible to do what I am looking for, Without getting in to the interior. I appreciate you help and your sarcasm. I have spent tons of time under my blazer. But I was just looking to find people that could suggest or share what they have done. Maybe some photos so I can get some ideas.

This thing has been a solid project from the start. but is going to be to slick as hell when i am done.

Ya good luck. Cut that shit up and lay it out.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

For what it's worth, that kit is not blazer specific, it is just their S-10 kit. The only part that will work are the lower bars. The crossmember mount for th uppers will need to be modified, and the rear lift bars will not work, as the truck and Blazer rear frame clips are completely different. You'r also going to find that the crossmember mount for the upper bars won't fit without cutting the floor. I've dealt with these kits before, and one of the guys on here has some install pics somplace. I've got a few Blazers under my belt, and I've done exactly what you're doing....just truing to get you as mich info as possible before you tear into it
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by low_blazer View Post
    For what it's worth, that kit is not blazer specific, it is just their S-10 kit. The only part that will work are the lower bars. The crossmember mount for th uppers will need to be modified, and the rear lift bars will not work, as the truck and Blazer rear frame clips are completely different. You'r also going to find that the crossmember mount for the upper bars won't fit without cutting the floor. I've dealt with these kits before, and one of the guys on here has some install pics somplace. I've got a few Blazers under my belt, and I've done exactly what you're doing....just truing to get you as mich info as possible before you tear into it

but he is talking about the 100 percent bolt on 2door blazer specific kit that cando makes...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmer2 View Post
    but he is talking about the 100 percent bolt on 2door blazer specific kit that cando makes...
    lol... The same one wirenut (Andy) had to have welded in ?
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

I was gonna buy the same kit but changed my mind.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yea lol, and you have to raise the driveshaft x member if you want to get anywhere near low