Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LQ9+L92 heads+Z06 cam= Haulin ass Jimmy

My Tape Deck Broke
    fuck me thats expensive! Wouldnt it have been cheaper to buy a used vette motor? Im stickin with my lt1 cop car swap lol
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

Don't jump to conclusions. He went all out. It can be done for much cheaper if you swap in a running factory engine. It can even be done with a factory 4.3 automatic transmission or use the transmission from the donor vehicle. With a running engine and trans $2k is the most. I helped a friend get the swap done using the transmission from his 4.3 for around $700.

Do your research and you will come out way ahead with a 5.3 over an LT1. S10forum has a great LSx section. For budget swaps I compiled all my research HERE. All the work I've done on my wiring harness I documented HERE
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

if can easily be done cheaper, but I kept reading swaps where there "low" mileage motors crapped out on them. I wanted something that is going to last. In the beginning it was supposed to be a budget build, but I ultimately said f'it and went all in!
    2000 Olds Bravada, was low/ now stock
    2000 2dr Jimmy Lowered 6.0L/92 top end LS engine http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...-jimmy-464706/

Didn't mean to knock your swap, but also wanted to point out that these swaps don't need $10k to be done. Many of us don't have that kind of money to throw around at our projects.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

No offense taken, this was pretty much a once on a lifetime deal for me. In the end result I did not want to run older engines and trans because I dont have the room to work on them all the time. It was a pain in my ass doing all of this in a small one bay garage.
    2000 2dr Jimmy Lowered 6.0L/92 top end LS engine http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...-jimmy-464706/

My Tape Deck Broke
    i already have the cop car. almost 400 hp at the rear wheels. We didnt want to go more because the bottom end will crap out. I did a lot of research and for what it is it wouldn't be to bad for a swap. If i want more power then it wouldnt. I have some $ put away but its for the body drop and v8 swap. So I dont really have the cash for a lsx motor. If I had it to do over again I would just buy a nice vette motor so I wouldnt have to deal with accessorys or oil pan.

Have you dynoed yours yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    i already have the cop car. almost 400 hp at the rear wheels. We didnt want to go more because the bottom end will crap out. I did a lot of research and for what it is it wouldn't be to bad for a swap. If i want more power then it wouldnt. I have some $ put away but its for the body drop and v8 swap. So I dont really have the cash for a lsx motor. If I had it to do over again I would just buy a nice vette motor so I wouldnt have to deal with accessorys or oil pan.

Have you dynoed yours yet?
    not yet, should be getting the dyno tune in a week or two.

My Tape Deck Broke
    cool i look forward to seeing the numbers

updates,

I was going back and forth on pushrod length. I still have some valve train0 noise but its bearable. I have not had a dyno tune yet. it was going to cost about 300 more then I thought. I have been playing with hptuners and getting pretty good with advice. The base tune done by tunedbyfrost was damn near spot on with good AFR numbers. I sold a car to someone who is a department head at the local state college where they have an eddy dyno, so when he does another dyno day ill be there. In the mean time I just added new wheels 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 corvette grand sport replicas and corvette c6 Z51 brakes. I did install the fronts and will add the rears in the near future. For tires I went with 245/45/18 front and 275/40/18 rears. It drives much better with the narrower tires up front. No more following the ruts.

The hoods is currently being painted flat black

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    very cool
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Looks great
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily