Thread: Well I may have goofed.

Well I may have goofed.

I have an 89 2wd 2dr, and am in the process of bagging the rear. I had performed a static 5/6 two summers ago, but now would like to bag it. I have completed the front install and moved to the rear. This is where I have run into a bit of problem. I am running a 20x8 wheel with a 4.5 BS, and a 245/35 tire combo. I am afraid I goofed and got a set of wheels with the incorrect back spacing.

For starters, my axel was offset .750Ē to the passengerís side. Not only that, but the passengerís side also sits 1Ē higher too. I want to correct this when I weld everything up with the 4-link. So with everything cut out, and the springs removed I lowered the body down over the rear tires and damn it, the fender lip hits the tires.

I know I need to remove the rear inner fender, but how much of the rolled lip can I remove and still be somewhat rigid? Once I remove the inner fender, do I need to fabricate my own to keep road debris out once itís back together?

Thanks in advance, Brian P.
    5/6 on 20" American Racing IROCS, but a long way from completion.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    you can roll the lip flat against the body if you need too, and yes you will need to make a new inner tub that is sealed to the body or your truck will fill up with water/road debri and rust apart. As for the axle being offset, a lot of s10s are like that, jut center the axle

Agreed!!!! I Had To Roll My Lip I Just Put Multiple Cutd In It And Flatten It Against The Fender Due To Running Wide Rims With Tires
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

Thanks guys. I will have to give it a try. Either one of you have any process pictures? Or a picture of how the inner fender was done? I searched on s10 forums, but came up short.

Thanks, Brian P.
    5/6 on 20" American Racing IROCS, but a long way from completion.