Thread: Should I trade?

Thought it was unloaded.. mattmobile's Avatar

Should I trade?

I have the opportunity to get a tpi intake from an 85 camaro 350. It is complete (lower intake, upper Plenum, runners, fuel rails, injectors, sensors, wiring and the ecm). Dude wants 300 for it, or trade.

I currently have an edelbrock torker II polished intake (50011) sitting around brand new; $255 from summit. Dude says he would trade for it.

I have a 74 Chevy 350 sitting around that I was going to rebuild at some point in life.....or scrap and just go with jegs or summits cheapest crate motor (290hp, 326ft/lbs @ $2000).

I know tpi intakes are somewhat restrictive but I want fuel injection and I've always loved the sexiness of those runners. But, my polished intake is still pretty damn sexy with a good power band.

My question: which one would you guys go with? Am I limiting myself to newer SBC blocks if I go with the tpi or can it still bolt to a crate?
    Last edited by mattmobile; 05-21-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: more info

Please let me know if you need more info. This trade will probably be going down next weekend; I'd like to have some input.

Thanks

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i think 300 dollars for a used tpi setup is rediculous, you could probably find an entire tpi motor for that much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    i think 300 dollars for a used tpi setup is rediculous, you could probably find an entire tpi motor for that much.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    x2

TPI stups look cool..that's about it. If you want to go fuel injected and keep the old school SBC, save your pennies and hunt down an LT1. They can be had for a decent price, and will make good power and milage in stock trim.

And, for what its worth, that TPI woudlnt bolt to the old style heads anyway, you'd need to run the newer centerbolt style heads if memory serves..
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar
    X3. I could get a complete '96 350 w/intake & exhaust manifold from the local u-pull-it yard already pulled for $350.00.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

Okay, thanks guys. Today i found a 305 tpi with trans (58k) for only 900 so I'll take your word that dude wants too much. Maybe somebody will trade my Ford 9" for something good! I'd rather put the polished intake and Carb into my 53 chevy 210. I'll keep looking for a good FI setup for the blazer.

Thanks.