Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whole blazer acting up...

whole blazer acting up...

this is on my 94 with vortec...4x4..yeah. it was running great the other day and i went to on a back road to head up to look at a bigger motor for my car and the engine light pops on and the truck just bogged way down so i turned around and went home. Now its got an eratic idle sounds like its got a huge cam in it...and it acts like its is taking off in 2nd gear, its very slow, and when its running and i turn the lights on, that annoying warning/buzzer chime thing under the dash goes off. Mind you that happens when its running! Oh and it never leaked a drop of oil til this too, it seems to be comin from the rear main maybe? I changed the computer with a spare one i had that oddly had a matching service number, thinking maybe that was it. NOPE! What the hell? Any suggestions before i just give up and haul it in for scrap? Hopefully the rear main leak aint something terrible or im just gonna scrap it i aint got the time or patience lol.

Ive had a few people tell me injectors, then the ignition coil deal, and maybe a cracked distributor cap. Well ive never known those things to cause everything in the vehicle to screw up.

Thanks for reading
    Breaking stuff takes talent.

Maybe you can just use a paper clip to jumper off the plug under the dash? You said the check engine light came on...see what the code is first...that's what I would do....

The cat maybe??
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

Yeah, that would be my guess too. You may have dislodged the cat internals. But when you have a computer giving you trouble code(s) why not go there first?:confused:

Well see heres the F-ed up thing, it runs (like shit) but no engine light? and i dont have a cat it started getting hot and stinking and i was losing power so i chopped it off and now its mandrel 2.25in exhaust with a thrush single chamber muffler from advance (ima cheap ass) did perfect after that for 2 months.

There were time that itll act up and id have to turn it off and let the ol girl sit for awhile and shed run great again. But this, i dont know what the hell is up. Loved the damn thing.

Pull your plugs, and take a look, is it smoking?....my old blazer was almost the same sitiation, my rings were fried, and oil was getting in the combustion chamber...but smoked like Hell
    Last edited by DBLAZE; 06-03-2011 at 10:18 AM.

on start up it does..idk its just weird EVERYTHING is affected.

check your battery connections, test your alt out put........light and buzzer sound electrical

pull the cap off the dizzy and check the rotor, I had the rotor break inside the cap and the blazer cut off and coasted to a stop
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Yeah i knew it was electrical i wish i knew what tho. Well this weekend ill drive down to where its stored and have the mechanic at work come look too since its parked maybe 2 miles from his front door.

Drivin the beretta as a DD sucks. Before this it was the weekend toy and the blazer was the daily driver. I MISS IT DAMNIT!

Update: I got the motor to run good but the trannys still screwish. Ive given up on the turd. Since i love my little turd plan to yank the vortec and tranny out and cram a stock 307 down in it, fix the body a bit and have me some fun. Gonna be a badass bravada over time. And tomorrow since i managed to get a day off for working two straight weeks im going to look at another bravada, 94 black on tan, awd works, 130k. Motor runs good im told. $600 im gonna look. I can work with black...my blacked out tails from my green brav and my blacked out grille marker lights...and i got some pre-cut dark tint for all the windows in a 4 door blazer/brav. Oh the money i waste. Lol.
    Last edited by unsmart1; 07-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Banned
    LOL WOW, you have a small problem and you decide to rip it all out and put a different drivetrain in LOL... oh well, least its a v8.

was going to say the trans issue can very well be a small issue such as an ignition switch failure or bad shift solonoid. Oh well.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Lol yeah i make no sence at times but seeing as how its the original drivetrain and theres 236K on it, even if i fix whatever it is that is messing up, its about that time for the motor or trans to blow anyways so why not ya know. lol. Ignition switch? Shift solonoid? Hmm. Ppl say it could be this or that, idk what to believe anymore FML! Lol

Banned
    well i could tell you what to do to diagnose it but you made up your mind to replace it so go ahead. Dont ask people what the problem is, everyone has a solution....ask around how to FIND the problem then you may get somewhere if they know what they are talking about.

But yes, that IS alot of miles. Im not gonna knock you for wanting to swap everything.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

well if you could help diagnose it then hell, do it. Id appreciate it greatly. Id like to get a few more miles outta it and itd give me more time to gather stuff up. miss drivin it, drivin my car sucks, its like sitting on the damn ground lol.

guy from work looked at it said he thinks injectors or ground somewhere. nother guy says computer. then my buddy looked and said fuel pump..then monday i went to move it around where i been keeping it and its started and ran fine, but tranny worked like ass when i took it around the neighborhood.
    just bought all rocker parts and 1/4s and it took a poop right after. lol.

Banned
    ecm failure is very rare. Dont know why everyone insists on throwing that out there but anyways.

first thing id do is pull the codes. Even if your light isnt on, it may have some hard codes stored in the ecm unless you've unplugged the battery since then.

Next thing i would do is do a fuel pressure test. See exactly what the fuel pressure is at when it messes up on you.