Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I found another one for the kids and I.

well it's not much but here's an update. I've put in a jensen cd player, my kicker l5 12" and I'm still putting in my dhd power crusher amp. I've got to finish figuring out how to mount the amp. so far I've come up with mounting it to the side of the box so it can get some air flow. It's got two cooling fans in it. Last wire to run is the turn on wire. Then plug the amp in. I do still have to do the ground for it. I did some work to the battery wires so they work better. I found out when I pulled the carpet back to hide the wires that there was no rust under what I pulled back. It looked like it was a brand new floor clean and shinny. It was well kept by someone. I couldn't be more pleased with this one. I wanted to hide the amp but want it to get some air still. Still looking for info on the tbi unit. It's driving me nuts.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Need some info guys.

I found out the jimmy doesn't have any front bumpstops and I haven't had a chance to check the rear. The drop only looks like it's a 3/4 but I could be wrong. My old 88 blazer seems like it was alot lower then this one does. I was also wandering if anyone has ever painted their body molding black to give it a better look instead of just removing it. I know it's hard to remove and I really can't afford to fix the paint so I want to avoid having to fix it. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Check out my ride.

Found out it has a 3" drop. I looked at the rear brakes today and checked the blocks and found them to be 3inch. I got a new sway bar link I will change tomorrow. Added a set of tweeters to the front of it along with my L5 solo, and my xm radio. Cruise didn't work so I took it out completely too. Still looking for some rims or might use my 17's off of my 4x4.

Check out my ride.

Nice looking Jimmy. I still remember your old blue one.
    88 REG CAB SHORTBOX 2.5 5spd lowered 3/3 SOLD
    91 Reg Cab Short box 2.8 5spd. Back as the project.

Quote Originally Posted by lowblazer93 View Post
    Nice looking Jimmy. I still remember your old blue one.
    Thanks. That one was one of my favorites. It was a good as the one I have now. Oh and I have a ton of parts left from it that I'm using on the jimmy.

Check out my ride.

I need some help with parts.

I have to rebuild or replace my tbi due to a fuel pressure regulator. I didn't want to take mine apart and end up with it not running. So I got a spare one to work with. But the one I have is from a 94 gmc 1500 with a 4.3tbi and a 5spd muncie trans. I need to know if it will fit without a issue? I also got the egr valve which both of them look like new. I was going to just change them out but want to be sure it will work. They haven't been used in maybe 5 years or more. My jimmy has the 4.3 also and everything looked the same. Thanks in advance.

Check out my ride.

Just curious, what is the tbi doing as a result of the fuel pressure regulator?

Nice ride by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by webgator View Post
    Just curious, what is the tbi doing as a result of the fuel pressure regulator?

Nice ride by the way!
    Thanks. Well there's some extra gas under the breather top and when you give it gas it likes to bog down like it's flooding. I did some checking around and they said the regulator might have a hole and that I should replace it. I can get it down the road but I'm wasting extra gas and getting whiplash too, lol.

Check out my ride.

I found out the tbi off the 94 will not work. It has to be off a 88 to 91 tbi 4.3. Anyone have one? I can't find one yet.

Check out my ride.

New parts for it.

Well I've finally got a few parts but just have to get time to put them on. I got a toyota front bumper that I have to paint. then I got a replacement tbi for it. I didn't have the cash but I have a guy holding a set of pontiac firebird wheels for it. They are grey and I just might paint them to match before I put them on. they're the 16x8 I believe. The look to be in pretty good shape but the clear might be coming off or they are just dirty. I also picked up the air cleaner for a cadilac 4.9 motor. Now I have to get some paint for a few parts and then put them on. I'll post pics when I get them. Oh and I may need to change the tires on the firebird rims. they will look way better then what I have. Oh the parts cost for the breather, the rims, the tbi, and a spare 4.3 breather was only $170. so I save a good deal of money. If you need some parts let me know he has a few blazers and trucks and some cheap prices too. I can pick them up and shipped them for you if you send me the money. He's crushing them next week so act fast, lol. He even has a white cameo too. they're 88 to 94 and the 94 has a 4.3 in it.

Check out my ride.

I did the cold air intake using the hat from the cadilac 4.9 v8. I had to drive to go and get the filter and the tube for it so I drove with just the hat on and it was quick. It was running really good. so I picked up one of the spectre filters for it and got the 3" and up size and it fit good. I have it all mounted down and right and the damm truck stopped running so good.I almost wish I could leave the filter off. So far I don't feel anything good from it. I did change the tbi but I also bought a rebuild to rebuild the one that was on it since it had new injectors. But what's the deal with the CAI It sucks at this point? Give me some input please.

Check out my ride.

I just finished painting the pvc pipe to get rid of the white color. I painted it regal red instead of black so I could get some color under the hood. Here's a pic off my phone. I was going to paint the tbi hat but I need some cleaner and more time to do that so I'll do that later. I get a new pic when I do that.

Check out my ride.

I need one of those.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by dragnblazer View Post
    I need one of those.
    They only had one with this tbi hat. It was $5, the pvc was $5 or $6 and the filter was $28 I think. It was cheap and fairly easy to do. I lie it. But wander why it was running better without the filter then it does with it.

Check out my ride.

looks like your missing a hose clamp where the pvc meets the hat......might be causing a problem
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me