Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I found another one for the kids and I.

Hybrid View

Well I found another one for the kids and I.

LOL I mean mainly for myself. I traded my 99 sebring for a 88 gmc jimmy that was in as good of shape as mine is. I did it cause I can afford to fix the gmc before I could the sebring. Here's a run down of the jimmy. It's a 88 gmc jimmy sierra classic s15, has black interior pretty stock and really nice, two door, with rebuilt auto trans, dual exhaust and don't know if it's true or not. Has a rebuilt tbi 4.3 bored .30 over and not sure what else at the time. I do have a front windshield visor for it but it's not on. It's a nice one and I haven't thought about getting rid of it yet. Has the 9 bar grill, lower possible 4/4 but not sure yet. I have to check it all out cause something sounds loose and might need a thing or two to get a better ride. Has painted to match z28 rims, color we think is cadilac red or maybe crimson red. I have to find a better shop to tell me the exact color. Has hitch, and bumpers and all trim and it does look nice. Has a hoodscoop on it. I don't if I will change much but I'm sure I will change something. It has been in shows in bama just not sure where. I'm really happy I swapped cause it is a nice jimmy. Oh it's a 2wd also. It does need a few things here and there along with fixing the tilt, the back window. Oh it also has a third brake light that I may just keep. I like where it is behind the glass and can't really be seen till it's on. I do have a lot of parts to swap to it but not sure about taking the trim off like I normally would. I was to preserve the paint as much as I can to maintain a nice look for the kids. Here's a couple of pics.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Looks like a nice clean truck. Good luck with it:bigthumb:
    ****DRIVEWAY WERKS****

Quote Originally Posted by tyfer View Post
    Looks like a nice clean truck. Good luck with it:bigthumb:
    Thanks, it is pretty clean just needs a little tlc and some parts I have downstairs.

Check out my ride.

nice trade.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by dragnblazer View Post
    nice trade.
    Thanks. I just hope it last as long as my last blazer did. 8 years is hard to beat for me.

Check out my ride.

IMO you should leave the visor off of it, but it is your truck.....
    ****DRIVEWAY WERKS****

Quote Originally Posted by tyfer View Post
    IMO you should leave the visor off of it, but it is your truck.....
    Yeah I had thought about that. It's a nice piece tho. It's not the ugly one with the lights in it. Downside to not putting it back on is the holes and paint to fix. I'm sure the paint won't be cheap. I wasn't planning on repainting it. I like the color of it(for the first time) lol.

Check out my ride.

Thats a cool little daily ..deff a solid trade
    Nasty Lowz

Quote Originally Posted by mnbdblaze View Post
    Thats a cool little daily ..deff a solid trade
    Thanks, I'm starting to feel more the same way. Just an update I did find out I need a sway bar link, have two parking lights out on the front passenger side, have a vibration I have to track down, looks like it needs wheel bearings, and has no cats but duals off the crossover pipe, I swapped out the lights with my clears I have. Now I want to tint my tail lights, maybe buy a new set of front clears or tint them too if I don't get in trouble for it. But so far it's good otherwise. It just needs some tlc like I had thought when I checked it out.

Check out my ride.

houston-streets.com vortec owner's Avatar
    i'd leave it as is maybe change the wheels, it looks pretty well kept

Looks pretty good. For a daily driver and kid hauler I'd fix what it needs and leave it pretty much the way it is. Wheels are OK but it would look better with some chrome or aluminum ones.
    Genius by birth, Slacker by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec owner View Post
    i'd leave it as is maybe change the wheels, it looks pretty well kept
    Yeah I was thinking about that. But I do want to paint the chrome trim black. I don't really like chrome much these days.

Quote Originally Posted by smsmith36 View Post
    Looks pretty good. For a daily driver and kid hauler I'd fix what it needs and leave it pretty much the way it is. Wheels are OK but it would look better with some chrome or aluminum ones.
    Thanks, I have thought about some rims. But I was thinking about black or gun metal grey for it. Something like I had on my sebring. But for now I'm gonna roll with them. They've got just about brand new tires on them too so it's my best bet for right now.

Check out my ride.

Nice trade broski! I'm with you on the idea of black wheels! It looks to be in good shape!
    Bass is not a crime officer!

Quote Originally Posted by Basshead4lyfe View Post
    Nice trade broski! I'm with you on the idea of black wheels! It looks to be in good shape!
    Thanks, it is. Just need a couple of minor spots fixed due to the visor being off it. But I'm gonna do what I can to save the paint. I did find out tho it is cadilac red. I went to walmart and seen a newer caddy with the same color on it.

Check out my ride.

Just and update on it. I've put in a stereo but still have to run the amp wires for it. I've changed the tails and put on all clears on it. then I stopped by the zone and they think the fuel pressure regulator may be bad so I'm looking to either replace or rebuild the throttle body on it. I found a complete kit on ebay for just under 40 and that's almost 40 less then the zone wants. Any one of any input about this? Or maybe have a good throttle body for cheap. There's alot of gas on the air filter and cover so it's spraying to much.

Check out my ride.