Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Well I found another one for the kids and I.

I didn't figure out why the fuse was blowing but I did change my grounds and it did stop blowing the fuse. It's been running better too. But I think it has something to do with my cai. I have a hose off of it and it's running alot better. Not stumbling over itself like it usually would. I cleaned up the wheels today and I'm hoping to suicide the hood tomorrow. Not sure yet. Have to see how I feel after I run some errands tomorrow.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Well yesterday things went bad. We tried to do the suicide hood on the jimmy and ended up damaging the windshield and the hood would not close right. I've done this before once and it worked out fine the 1st time. But this time I can't figure out what I did wrong. So we gonna leave it stock till we can figure out what I did wrong or until I can find some help with it.

Check out my ride.

did you mark where to mount the new upper hinge brackets while the hood was still on the stock hinges?
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

I did, but I noticed it was to high up when I had it opened forward so I looked at some pics of the last time I did one and the hinge was on the wrong place. so I moved it but then it still didn't line up right. I haven't had a chance to go back to it. Maybe over the weekend if I can stand long enough to do it.

Check out my ride.

Sorry guys. I haven't done anything lately. It's been a hard two weeks. I lost my dad on the 14th and I haven't had motivation to do anything.

Check out my ride.

aww man sorry to hear that bro...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Check out my ride.

Well today has been fun. I finally got to do something different to it for a change. Today I got the old rear out and had help putting the new one in. I have to look up how to add the sway bar but I had to take it off because the yard cut off the end links and I don't have more. I also discovered I need to get a set of angled blocks to fix the angle of the rear. I did have to buy new rotors and pads because the old ones on it were shot there was no fixing them for using them. We had one bolt break putting the driveshaft back in so I have to find a way to get it fixed. The dust shields are a little bent but I can't change them till later so they will have to do for now. Everything bolted right up too. The brake line to the old rear fit the new one without changing a thing. We have to bleed the brakes tomorrow. I'm not sure yet about the valve but tomorrow I will know more about it. But to me so far it looks really good under it. A lot better then the old one was. Here's a couple of pics.

Check out my ride.

nice.... looks good!!
    Build Thread

Thanks.

Check out my ride.

I got it done and driven some. It rides so much better then before. I think I need another caliper which I had to change one already. I had to find some new brass washers for the brake line. It stops really fast too. Didn't seem to lockup either. I have to figure out why the brake light is on, but other then that I may have to gut the valve but I'm not sure yet on it. Will have a finished pic tomorrow.

Check out my ride.

We changed out the 160 thermostat and put in a 195, put in some antifreeze, and fixed two bolts that came loose on a rear brake caliper. It's not much but I'm trying to do something every weekend. I hope to get more done before the end of the year.

Check out my ride.

I decided to be stupid and work on a wire today. I say stupid because I had no idea when it was going to rain again. It started while I was in the middle of fixing some wires that were in bad shape that I found while replacing the wire going from the battery to the alternator. I had to repair a couple and tape some to get them covered back up. I had to use what I had. I'm out of the loom for that size. But now it seems to run better, shows charging where it should be and the stereo seems to be louder. I might look into replacing the harness from the firewall to the motor if that is possible. But for now it will have to do.

Check out my ride.

I haven't done much. Been having back issues and motivation issues too. I've had to change out my rims so I'm running a set of 15" stock jimmy or blazer honey comb rims now. I'll have something better in the future. I'm hoping to get more done soon. I just got a new tools to work on my steering column and the front seal on the motor.

Check out my ride.

Well this weekend I've got someone coming over to help me change out the transmission again. This time i'm adding a trans cooler that I've had sitting around. Should be fun.

Check out my ride.