Thread: Request: York how-to

Request: York how-to

I will be switching from my viairs to a york and was wondering if someone would do a basic write-up. I have searched a bunch and have found a few answers here and there but no inclusive thread. I don't want to drop a grand on a kit and yorks can be found on ebay with clutches for $150. Questions I had:

York 210 yeah?
    What do I need to do to it for our application (do they all puke oil)?
    Best way to mount it (I have a stock 99 4.3 under the hood with all accessories)?
    Most common issues with it (leader hose lengths, oil puking, etc.)?

Basically just anything related to converting to a york. It's fine if it's even written for dummies! I have searched for a few hours and am getting lazy! OR if there is a link where this info is already I would appreciate that. If I get around to this before there is a write-up I'll do one myself.

Thanks in advance!
    8================D

welllll there is a ton of info but like you sad not to many write up's i have installed a few and the 210 york is my pick but the 209 work just as good. if you want to find a cheap one first "$25 at a junk yard" here is a list http://www.links4jeeps.com/writeups/...ork_Donors.php

here is a crap load of info, really all you ever wanted to know lol http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107722

now the oil problem, there is a oil mod out there...dont wast your time, i did it one time and it pushed the same amount as the one i did not do it on. the biggest help is the vent the crank case, it releaves the built up pressure in the crank case "it's sealed in a a/c system" when pressure builds up from heat and moving parts it can push more oil passed the rings. i have never done a edc on your year so i cant say 100% how to mount it. coming off the edc you need at least 2-3 foot of ss braided line, they put off a crap load of heat and the longer you run the line the less water you will get in the tanks. here is my set up,

That's for the reply and the link (good info:bigthumb:)...one more question, is a relay necessary for this?
    8================D

thats a good question and no you don't, the clutch only pulls 3 amps.