Thread: anyone looking for a bolt in rear airbag kit for s10 pickup?

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar

anyone looking for a bolt in rear airbag kit for s10 pickup?

well as always im looking to make money at my local junkyard and they have a front wrecked 2000 s10 pickup out there that had bags on it. i took the front bags already to use on my trailer for helper bags but im looking to see if anyones interested in the rear bolt in kit thats on this truck and hopefully i can get it tomorrow. trucks been out there 2 days now but its still untouched.

since its not my truck i dont know of any branding on the equipment. but i can describe it.
    its silver in color. bolts to the top half of the axles pumpkin and also a bracket around the front of the axles driveshaft joint. and then has 2 seperate arms that go to a bolt in front center crossmember, and the 1 arm on each side that bolts to the frame rail and then bolts onto the axle tube on each side.
    it doesnt have notches since he just welded in a V shape notch on the truck and had bags over the axle from what i saw.

the kit looks nice i would have got it off today but i didnt have time before they closed. i tried doing some research but cannt seem to come up with much. wish i had my camera to take pictures of it out in the yard.
    it had adjustable links with grease fittings on them so i dont think its cheap crap.
    i know it can get low enough to make driveshaft hit the cab since he had it notched out and still the driveshaft had marks on it from rubbing.lol

the truck also had some front lower tubular control arms thats where red in color.
    anyone know what i might be able to get out of this airbag kit posibly? im contemplating if i should call off work tomorrow and be sure to get these parts or if i should just wait till after work and hope its still there.... ;)
    i dont have a s10 anymore since i got my fullsize truck. been awhile since ive been on this site but i saw these airbag parts and thought about this forum first trying to find out what this kit might be worth used if i remove it and try to sell for profit.
    im practically a junkyard dog for the last few years always looking for nice parts for me or to sell for profit. tho i got no idea what they might try and charge me for the rear kit but i hope not to much since its mostly brackets and a crossmeber ;) i figure 100-180bucks for the rear kit and front lower a arms. i see most new kits are around 400-600bucks and if i could make 100bucks or more id be happy with that! but id really like to know what kinda kit it is. im sure sombody here knows about this kit from just its description.

ps just for kicks heres my current truck.

Last edited by addiction2bass; 07-13-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    what your describing sounds like the kits FBI sold, cool looking truck too

ok heres some pictures of it. i got it cut out today. i was going to also get the front tubular lower Aarms as well up front but when i cut the rear off of course the whole truck went nose first ; ) and i didnt have time to go find alift to lift it up to get them off. ill have to go back some other time for them.

only thing wrong with it is the one bracket is slightly tweeked but i dont think thats to bad. alittle heat and should be able to bend right back. or just be lazy and wobble the 2 holes a little bit there.

so what ya think it is?

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yep thats an FBI 4 link, i believe they were somewhere around 500 new. Never heard of anyone having a problem with them, besides they look kinda weird lol. Deff. a good score

Ya for the price I paid its all good. Only 75bucks for it I also cut off most of the upper bag mounts as well, the axle mounts and bags were already gone :(. Ill go back for the lower tubeaarms my next free day I'm bored and buy them. I just have to lift the front of the truck up to get to them! I don't know what brand they are but the ones I see are at least few hundred bucks.s I'm pretty sure even used I could make some money on em.

I just don't know if I should try and bend it back or sell it as is.
    I've also thought about keeping it and try and make it fit on my Truckbed trailer. The main thing would be the axle mount bracket the rest I could just weld onto it. Tho I wouldn't make it lay out since I won't notch the bed any more. Id just use it for better load handling. Because I did lower it a bit to much to haul full heavy loads. It bottoms out the top axle into the bed and on my frame notches I welded in. But then again I'm also thinking of just using the front airbags from this truck as helper bags. Ijust don't think they have enough lift to make a difference when hauling a heavy load.