Thread: Need help planning it and what else to buy?

Need help planning it and what else to buy?

I already have the valves, lines, fittings, and everything you see in the pics. Its going in my 85 S-15 on the rear of course, Im running a 17" tire, and its an old SD cantilever setup Ive had for like 8 years and never got fully installed.
    I have the little triangles, the angled 3" axle brackets, the straight 2.75 ones for the lowers, behind he axle bag brackets, 24" lower bars and 21" adjustable uppers. Im ordering the raised gastank crossmember and I also have the S-10 8-piece notch that I didnt feel like dragging out for the pic, its heavy.

Last edited by Forklift; 07-24-2011 at 02:46 PM.
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    notches, shock tabs, shocks, possibly raised gas tank xmember
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

sorry I forgot, I got the SD S-10 8-piece notch as well and Im ordering the gastank crossmember at the same time. I'll edit my post
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

you look like your good to go. like martin said shocks. if the link bars have zerk fitting prob want to gresse thoughs bushing. mine did but i have seen them with out the zerks. what welder are you gonna use? you should be draggin in no time.
    Last edited by dragnblazer; 07-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

I have a Lincoln 120volt but I might just tack them and trailer it to a friends house to finish it, or something like that

i have seen some trucks bagged with a 120 you have to be pretty good with it. i have a lincoln sp135 and it will do the 3/16 and 1/4 i run it hot and slow wire. and move slow. one bad part is you cant use gas. and im sure more experianced welders could tell you more.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

she lays frame
    the bars your going to angle look a little short to me . just thoght i would bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillie000 View Post
    the bars your going to angle look a little short to me . just thoght i would bring it up.
    no they dont.......
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

she lays frame
    i was just thinking that both sets needed to be close to the same length when mounted ? the is a trianglulated 4 link?

yeah triangulated and everything that Ive heard in the 8 years or so since I ordered this says that 24" lower and 21" uppers are fine.

Bag placement guys?

if you are gonna run behind and under brackets like you got in the pic, i would recommend sleeve bags for a nice smooth ride, the sleeves act like a second shock, making a nice smooth ride... however it is perfectly fine to run it with those bags, and still will ride nice..
    Grounded 4 Life

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love