Thread: Need help, Stupid fuel gauge

Need help, Stupid fuel gauge

Im going to Carlisle PA, next weekend for a car show and its about 8 hours away, back in February I had to pull the dash to do the heater core, and when i put everything back together my dome lights and fuel gauges wouldnt turn on but im not worried about the dome lights but primarily the fuel gauge. I checked the ground on the sending unit and it wasnt very tight, and found a new ground and tightened it, I got a little frustrated and decided to buy a gauge. Wired it all correctly from what i know, and something really odd is happening. When i shut the truck off is drops down to E like normal, but when i turn it on it goes directly to the full mark, AND I KNOW IT IS NOT FULL (just saying) but ill jack the front of the truck up while the gauges is on and when i drop it itll shake towards 3/4 of a tank and lower but when its level itll go back to the full mark, soo i was thought wtf ill go put gas in it to see if its reversed or something, well the fuel gauges continues to move past the full mark as i put gas in it, Do you guys think its the Gauge, the sender wire, the ground, the sending unit. Idk im effin confused and i dont have alot of time. Anybodies opinion will be greatly appreciated.
    "One Life, One Chance"

ne one have any ideas?
    "One Life, One Chance"

Soo does anyone know if i were to pull the cluster and put any voltage to the fuel gauge if it should move, and if so how much voltage if anyone knows.
    "One Life, One Chance"

sounds like you got a gauge that is set up for the wrong number of OHMS

That's what I thought too but my gauge will read from 0-90 ohms which what the fuel sender reads if I'm not mistaken, I wonder if it was packaged wrong or something, but do you know if I could jump my factory gauge to see if it'll register in anyway?
    "One Life, One Chance"