Thread: need help with the daughers Monte Carlo

need help with the daughers Monte Carlo

I got a water leak. Did a pressure test and this is where its coming from and I know a few of you have dealt with these cars, please help. Its grounded till this pisser is fixed. Its a 99 3.1L V-6 Monte Carlo

04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I would take a look at the intake manifold. I had one that did not run hot, came back good on a pressure test, and just lost water. It was my intake maniold gasket. Hope this helps.
    '97 Chevy Blazer 4dr on 22's with more bass than a crack house! :evil:

R.I.P. '92, CONVERTIBLE, 355 SBC SWAPPED, DROPPED, 4X4, S-10 BLAZER:(

WANTED '98 UP S10/BLAZER FRONT END!

+1 on the intake gakset.
    If you change,or have someone change it make sure you get the problem solver kit.
    It'll keep that problem gone.

2.8 liters of pure power! jasond's Avatar
    x2 on the Felpro problem solver kit. Just did the intake gaskets on my '94 3.1 grand prix for the second time, used the problem solver kit this time. The car will quit before the intake leaks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jasond View Post
    x2 on the Felpro problem solver kit. Just did the intake gaskets on my '94 3.1 grand prix for the second time, used the problem solver kit this time. The car will quit before the intake leaks again.
    What problem solver kit are you guys talking about. My daughter was given one just like that. It may have the same issue. Leave apart number if you have one.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

thanks guys
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

the problem solver is just a metal gasket not plastic like the first ones made
    GM put a TSB out on them 3.1-3.4-3.8l's all have the same problem.
    If you ask for the problem solver they shold give you a metal kit,also they cost more than the originals do

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb320 View Post
    the problem solver is just a metal gasket not plastic like the first ones made
    GM put a TSB out on them 3.1-3.4-3.8l's all have the same problem.
    If you ask for the problem solver they shold give you a metal kit,also they cost more than the originals do
    Oh ok thanks. I will remember that if it happens to hers. I've seen alot of them doing that lately.

Check out my ride.

I got the upper and lower taken off, now what the hell do I do with the pushrods? I know the old school way is to loosen the rockers and pull the pushrods out then adjust them later, but Ive heard that I dont have to and havent figured it out yet. Im doing the belt (rotten), the plugs, the LIM gasket, the water pump, thermostat and housing gasket (leaking) while Im there so.
    I also found stuff like this in there, mouse bedding and chewed injector wires!

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    I got the upper and lower taken off, now what the hell do I do with the pushrods? I know the old school way is to loosen the rockers and pull the pushrods out then adjust them later, but Ive heard that I dont have to and havent figured it out yet. Im doing the belt (rotten), the plugs, the LIM gasket, the water pump, thermostat and housing gasket (leaking) while Im there so.
    I also found stuff like this in there, mouse bedding and chewed injector wires!
    Wow man that sucks. Good luck with it. If I need to do hers I don't know if I would do it myself. I'd be lost too.

Check out my ride.

If I remember right, you'll have to pull the pushrods to get the lim gasket out. Check out www.w-body.com or www.60degreev6.com, I'm sure one of those sites will have a how to.:D

the original lsteggy tunerman20's Avatar
    Did you ever figure out the LIM on this forklift? I know that it's a long shot asking seeing that this thread is old, just figured I would ask because I have done the LIM on these motors a few times
    :blazer:97 blazer, 82 305, edelbrock top end, stock bottom end, currently under construction:blazer:

yeah Ive been driving it for months, great car