Thread: Anyone try this kit off ebay for the 4.3 tbi

Anyone try this kit off ebay for the 4.3 tbi

Hey I was wandering if anyone has tried this kit off of ebay to get a little more out of your 4.3 tbi motor? I haven't bought one but came across it and wanted some input about it. Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...T#ht_642wt_939

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

BS like a MOFO!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    BS like a MOFO!
    Why do you say that. Could ya give me a little more info. I've never looked at doing mods like this before.

Check out my ride.

I Was Lookin At Getin It.....

I Want To Know Y U Call It Bs 2!!!

you would be lucky if you got 1/2 hp gain from that. its nothing but a waste of money
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

Did U Try It????...just Askin

Quote Originally Posted by syclonekid43 View Post
    you would be lucky if you got 1/2 hp gain from that. its nothing but a waste of money
    Ok but you didn't say why. I want more of an explanation of why you say that. Not just that it won't work. Others say don't use the tbi spacer but others do. I really could use more info about it.

Check out my ride.

Thought it was unloaded.. mattmobile's Avatar
    I think the "thinning of the throttle shaft" is the only thing that really increases the flow/HP. And that's the part you have to do by yourself.

For $35, you get a spring, a chunk of plastic and some longer screws, and instructions (that are probably on the internet, anyway). But a 40hp gain, no freaking way.....

Skeptical....

I do like throttle body spacers. I had one in my 01 xtreme and noticed some minor / mild improvement and response. I don't think 1/4" is enough to do anything; let alone, is it cut internally to help spiral air or is it simply the same external dimensions so it bolts up 1/4" out......??

I'd pass. And I'd go for a real TB spacer from summit or something. The thinning instructions can be found. Idk f the 14psi spring is that huge of a deal. But it's not worth $35.

Quote Originally Posted by layitlo_88 View Post
    Ok but you didn't say why. I want more of an explanation of why you say that. Not just that it won't work. Others say don't use the tbi spacer but others do. I really could use more info about it.
    That's not a tbi spacer, that's an injector pod spacer, if you really had 40hp gains from something like that, I'd still have tbi on my V8.

A tbi/carb spacer really do work although the gains are fairly minimal. The intake manifold thinks its bigger giving it better time for the fuel to mix, it tweaks your power curve and usually makes it a little flatter, and if made of an insulating material, keeps the carb cooler. Hence why that injector pod spacer is basically useless.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmobile View Post
    I think the "thinning of the throttle shaft" is the only thing that really increases the flow/HP. And that's the part you have to do by yourself.

For $35, you get a spring, a chunk of plastic and some longer screws, and instructions (that are probably on the internet, anyway). But a 40hp gain, no freaking way.....

Skeptical....

I do like throttle body spacers. I had one in my 01 xtreme and noticed some minor / mild improvement and response. I don't think 1/4" is enough to do anything; let alone, is it cut internally to help spiral air or is it simply the same external dimensions so it bolts up 1/4" out......??

I'd pass. And I'd go for a real TB spacer from summit or something. The thinning instructions can be found. Idk f the 14psi spring is that huge of a deal. But it's not worth $35.
    Quote Originally Posted by s10blaza View Post
    That's not a tbi spacer, that's an injector pod spacer, if you really had 40hp gains from something like that, I'd still have tbi on my V8.

A tbi/carb spacer really do work although the gains are fairly minimal. The intake manifold thinks its bigger giving it better time for the fuel to mix, it tweaks your power curve and usually makes it a little flatter, and if made of an insulating material, keeps the carb cooler. Hence why that injector pod spacer is basically useless.
    Ok I see what you're saying about it. I had thought about the tbi spacer. I just haven't decided. Right now I'm having to fix my tbi and since the motor was rebuilt a while back and it has new injectors on it I may not even need one. I just don't know enough about the fuel system to know what works the best as far as tweeks other then a programmer. And those can be expensive.

Check out my ride.