Thread: Gather up front bag gear have some questions

Gather up front bag gear have some questions

Alright so a buddy of mine does bag setup for a living and I was gunna get him to do the work but he said the front is so easy he couldn't see charging me what he would to do it so he said he would supervise while I did it so I'm about to start gathering parts to bag the front. My main question is should I get an air management kit from quality air ride/suicide doors or just get what I need and get the rest later? Also would a 2 gallon tank work well for the front until I get the rear done? One more if I get tubular upper control arms what does the bag cup bolt too? Thanks guys.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    air managment kits are good b/c you get a big piece of the puzzle in one lump, and usually at a pretty good price too. Id suggest nothing less than 5 gallon tanks, its enough for front/rear if you arent too switch happy. Also there is no sense in buying a 2 now, and then a larger one later. IF you get tubular uppers, the bag will still bolt into the spring pocket. The upper arm just holds the top of the spindle, and the bag bolts up into the frame at top, and to the lower control arm/ lower cup on bottom

Alright cool. I'll look into the management kits. If I run tubular upper control arms will I still need to clearance the spring pocket?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    you will need to trim the pocket no matter what, with larger bags you will need to cut more.. but regardless tubulars or not you will be trimming some for the bag alone...

do not waste the money on the 2 gallon.. get a 5 gallon at least. Also buy the whole air management kit to save on money, you wont save a ton, but it will be a decent savings. if you go with a kit get at least a 8 to 10 gallons of air tank storage for the future when you bag the rear.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

i have lower cups with the angle in them ..and 2 bags ill sell...pm me if u want

Dang I was gunna try to avoid cutting oh well. If it has to be done it has to be done. There's a local guy that has a kit with bags 4 link tank valves well everything really. He bought everything to bag his truck but sold it before he did it. He wants 800 for everything. Seems like a good deal to me.

yea get that

depending on the truck the set-up was for the 4 link may or may not work. but you could still buy the set up and try and sell the link else where.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

The setup was actually for a 4 door Jimmy same year as my blazer. Lol.