Thread: th350 question

Hybrid View

th350 question

need a little help, I can't get my transmission to go into gear. I can shift it, but it wont go into any gears. It is on a 4x4 with a np205 t-case bolted up to it. My question is, if I turn the yoke on the transfer case (with it in gear), should I feel any resistance when shifting the transmission from R-N-D-3-2-1? To try and clarify what I am talking about. I have gotten under the truck and turned the yoke, while turning it I cycle the transmission through all the gears. In park nothing happens of course, but when I go from R-N or N-R shouldn't there be some sort of resistance or shouldn't it be harder to turn when in R? Same thing with going from N-D, should I feel some change in resistance in the yoke when spining it?
    2008 f350- stock

95 4 door blazer- SAS, crate 350. th350/205 37" swampers, dana 44/14 bolt....

are you trying to spin the rear yoke or the front yoke?

rear yoke
    2008 f350- stock

95 4 door blazer- SAS, crate 350. th350/205 37" swampers, dana 44/14 bolt....

No, it won't feel any different as there is no fluid pumping and no pressure built up to push the clutches together. everything is just freewheeling.