Thread: Need help with wifes 2009 dodge journey

Need help with wifes 2009 dodge journey

She bought a used dodge journey about 2months ago. She keeps having to top off the trans fluid. Ive brought the car to a dealer more then once saying the transmission doesnt seem to shift right. (slow pick up off the line, whines out etc) they tell me its because its a 4cylinder and it has a cct transmission. Kept telling them somethings not right and they keep pushing us along. Been checking the trans fluid for a month and atleast once a week I have to top off the fluid with a decent amount. When I move the car though there are never any puddles underneath to indicate a leak, There is no fluid spray off underneath to indicate a slow leak while driving either. Anyone have any ideas on whats going on. I am supposed to bring this back to the dealer a 3rd time on monday and want to try and be able to say more then just the fluid is disappearing.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Do the trans lines go into the rad? Check your coolant maybe it's leaking into the radiator...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

thanks for the response. To be honest I dont really know much about transmissions at all.

well to update this, Just got the car back after 4days at the dealership. They continue to tell me there is nothing wrong. But it keeps losing a noticeable amount of trans fluid without a puddle underneath. Clearly they realized it was low because I got it back over filled with trans fluid and swearing nothing is wrong with the trans. So now I have to bring it to my mechanic and pay per hour for him to check it out to catch them in a lie that its just how the car is. Its a 2009 dodge journey with a cvt transmission.

Ok if its not leaking into the coolant via the radiator or no puddles then there is a thirsty midget in there LOL.

So this might be far fetched but heres what i think. The vent port is plugged and when its in your driveway the fluid isnt warm enough to expand very much. But when you drive for quite awhile the fluid expands and since the vent is plugged the fluid pushes through the seals.

Check the vent and make sure its not plugged. Check your seals and pan gasket for leaks. If its real dirty under there, clean it real good then drive it for awhile then check.
    -Practice does not make perfect,
    Perfect practice makes perfect...

Ok if its not leaking into the coolant via the radiator or no puddles then there is a thirsty midget in there LOL.

So this might be far fetched but heres what i think. The vent is plugged and when its in your driveway the fluid isnt warm enough to expand very much. But when you drive for quite awhile the fluid expands and since the vent is plugged the fluid pushes through the seals.

Check the vent and make sure its not plugged. Check your seals and pan gasket for leaks. If its real dirty under there, clean it real good then drive it for awhile then check for leaks.
    -Practice does not make perfect,
    Perfect practice makes perfect...