Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 valve vs 4 valve front setup?

2 valve vs 4 valve front setup?

So looking at bagging the front of my truck for now. So I wants to know the pros and cons of a 4 vs 2 valve setup. I just want up and down no need for side to side. So if you guys can give me a little insite on this that would be great. Thanks.

I run seperate valves per side to have the ability to run different air pressures in each bag. I typically have more air (3-4 lbs) in my right side to level my blazer out.

I'd say run a 4-valve setup :bigthumb:
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

4 valve will keep your corners independent. If you only run 2 valves, when you turn you will have air transfer from one bag to the next.
    8================D

Quote Originally Posted by blazinmt View Post
    4 valve will keep your corners independent. If you only run 2 valves, when you turn you will have air transfer from one bag to the next.
    IF U RUN CHECK VALVES THAT WON'T HAPPEN.
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

I didn't actually think about leveling it but that makes perfect sense now. I guess 4 valve it is. Anyone used those be manifold style SMC valves? That's what I was probably gunna run to cut back on possible leaks and they just seem easier to plum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    IF U RUN CHECK VALVES THAT WON'T HAPPEN.
    How would you run check valves with only 2 valves? :confused: How would you dump it?
    8================D

Just run 2 valves and keep your swaybar. That's how I did mine. No trouble with lean when turning. It actually handles really well, also. Plus, this way costs a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by DavesterJr View Post
    Just run 2 valves and keep your swaybar. That's how I did mine. No trouble with lean when turning. It actually handles really well, also. Plus, this way costs a little less.
    Does it lay out with the sway bar?

Mine doesn't lay out right now because I need either tubular lower arms or to dehump my stock ones. The sway bar still has plenty of clearance.

Oh ok then. Well hopefully I'll have my air management stuff soon. I'm about half way there to getting it. Once I order that stuff it's on. Lol.

Trained Professional Buddies'Garage's Avatar
    I would never run a 2 valve set up on the front. Drivability is poor & for the cost of check valves & fittings you could just run 4 valves. You'll also achieve a better alignment with 4 valves which will yield longer tire life.
    Ben- Buddies' Garage

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinmt View Post
    How would you run check valves with only 2 valves? :confused: How would you dump it?
    yeah x2? care to explain?

you should always run 2 valves per wheel, however you can get away with 2 valves for the rear, but i still wouldn't recommend it .. you need to be able to dial in the pressure for each corner independently...
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Quote Originally Posted by Buddies'Garage View Post
    I would never run a 2 valve set up on the front. Drivability is poor & for the cost of check valves & fittings you could just run 4 valves. You'll also achieve a better alignment with 4 valves which will yield longer tire life.
    My drivability is great. I love the way mine rides and handles. I haven't even gotten around to installing shocks on the front yet. Like I said though, I do run a factory sway bar. My only check valves are before the fill valves in case shit happens while I'm driving so I don't slam back down because of a blown line or something like that.

U Run The Valves Shot Gun Style.... Check Valve Right Off The Dump Valve.ive Done It And It Works Just Fine..... But Four Valves Work Way Better For Leveling
    Drop,Drag,TuKnDuCeS

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuknduces View Post
    U Run The Valves Shot Gun Style.... Check Valve Right Off The Dump Valve.ive Done It And It Works Just Fine..... But Four Valves Work Way Better For Leveling
    i still dont understand :confused::confused::confused:
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love