Thread: pulling a leafspring

pulling a leafspring

first off i dont know much about lowering a truck, so if i ask or say something dumb its because i dont realy know. anyways i have a 96 s-10 ext cab and am about ready to lower it. if i pull a leafspring will it drop me about an inch, and is it safe and also how hard is it to do? thanks alot for your help.

That job doesn't take to much work but I wouldnt recomend doin that for a drop. That kan be a last extra inch trick but if you want a decent looking sport rake llok on your truck (easily drivable and dont need to buy shocks the best way to go is get belltech 2" spindles and 3 inch drop leafs. (3 "blocks if you dont have the extra cash) Blocks will do the same thing, but if you are going to be lugging some heavy stuff you should buy some pinion shims along with them. (AIM has extruded blocks that are already angled(good deal!!!))
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

First off, how much off a drop are you looking for?
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

i am looking to do 3" drop on front and 4" on back. i am on a very slim budget so with using spings and blocks thats as low as i can go. i drive a 96 s-10 ext cab and i want the drop to be level so i'm guessing theyre is a 1 inch difference from the front and the back stock height. if not please let me know what i should do. thanks

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    How does this sound...

3" SPRINGS for the front = $29
    4" Blocks for the back = $29
    Total = $58

It isn't the best drop, it's a budget Drop.
    If you can shell out a lil' more I would go for Spindals and 1" Springs for the front. Hope this helps :cool:
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

That's the best drop for you buck, but it's definately a budget drop. If you can save up try to get 2" drop spindles and 1" springs. That will save you money on tires in the long run.

Definately a budget drop. Remember if you go with 3" springs ur gonna throw off your suspension a lot more; therefore new shocks would be recomended. I would definatley go with the spindles for the 1st 2 inches. As far as rear, blocks are ok, but i wouldnt recomend any block kits over 3 inches (unless u absolutely don't have the cash). 3" drop leafs are your best choice, then add a 1" block kit won't cost much at all. If you decide to take your rear down past 4 inches I would recomend new shocks too, and when you do drop your rear end you need to take out the bump stomps and cut them so you dont ride on them( hard ass ride) or you can invest in some smaller ones from AIM for bout 30$.
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

thanks alot guys for your help. would djm suspension be better than aim. because for just a little more i could go with djm.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    VERY IMPORTANT FOR REAR DROP AT 4INCHES or MORE...

If you drop your ride 4in in the back like you want to, It would also be the best of intrest to get a set of pinion shims. They will correct the allignment with your yoke and driveshaft. It almost a must for a 4 or more drop.

As for 4in blocks. They are okay, Thats what I have. Keep this in mind when lowering, you get what you pay for. With the blocks, you'll save almost $100. But it isn't the BEST ride and your leafs are REAL close to the ground and it shows to anyone riding behind you.

For a 4in drop, leafs or blocks, I suggest AIR SHOCKS over anything else. This is my opinion. Why? because you can adjust how stiff or soft you suspension rides. I ride with 60psi in mine and increase they ride ALOT. they like $60 at O'Righly's
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

DJM is a supposed to be better than AIM, but if you want better, deffinately go with Belltech. A bad word is never said about Belltech.