Thread: Movin the gastank forward?

Movin the gastank forward?

you guys usually move the gastank forward on S-10s when bagging it with a 4-link? Im using the old cantilever from SD I got years ago and was wondering about just cutting the stock cross member, raising the tank mounts, and while Im at it moving the tank forward to make sure it all clears.

Ideas?

04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    wow thats a tiny ass tank, most are longer and go under the cab some... you can raise that crossmember to raise the tank, dont think you need to go anymore forward but you can for the hell of it.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

My Tape Deck Broke
    What years your truck I never seen it like that. Here's what I did with mine.
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

It is the iron duke gas tank. Something like 12 gallons I think.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

yup iron duke and yup a 12 gallon and you moved yours back, as in not in the original location
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt