Thread: Tail lights

Tail lights

Ive got a 01 s-10 blazer and for some reason the brake lights quit working but the third brake light still works.Ive checked the bulbs, fuses, tail light wires and every thing looks fine as far as I see and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or if anyone else has had this problem

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I had a ground wire just for the taillights on my pickup truck. It was grounded to the frame rail near the drivers side tail light. Did you also check that?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    brake lights and third brake lights are on different circuits... if your fuses are infact good its possibly a bad ground... however it could be a loose connector at the brake switch or a bad brake switch... do your turn signals work at all, or running lights?
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Yes all of the other lights work fine and I checked as much of the wire I could see but the mechanic at a car lot I paint for overheard me talking about it and he said hes had the same problem with allot of the s-10s coming through and hesaid that the problem was in the blinker switch but I think that would effect the turn signals but he said every onehes had to fix he had to change that switch idk ill eventually get it parked long enough to actually take it apart and spend some more time with it.

When i was building the sonoma i had the exact opposite thing happened i kept losing my third brake light. what it ended up bein is ( not sure on a blazer) but the little white box attached to the upper part of the pedal had loose wire i re soldered it and BAM fixed