Thread: do i need 200 amp+alt

do i need 200 amp+alt

whats up guys i just bought the new hifionics 5 channel brutus amp is rated at 1480 rms 1k for sub channel and 480 for 4 channel i am putting it in my 04 blazer extreme i was going to but the ad244 alternator from a suburban thats rated at 135-140ish my factory is 105 would this be enough i called local alternator shop he told me for that amount of wattage he wants to put in a 235 amp alt for 650.00 i dont think i need that much so i am hoping someone can help me .thanks again

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by blazin001 View Post
    whats up guys i just bought the new hifionics 5 channel brutus amp is rated at 1480 rms 1k for sub channel and 480 for 4 channel i am putting it in my 04 blazer extreme i was going to but the ad244 alternator from a suburban thats rated at 135-140ish my factory is 105 would this be enough i called local alternator shop he told me for that amount of wattage he wants to put in a 235 amp alt for 650.00 i dont think i need that much so i am hoping someone can help me .thanks again
    sounds like he was just trying to sell you something.

an AD244 should be fine. also in most cases you get more than the rated amperage. my ad244 is pushing 165 amps when i put it on our load tester. this is a genuine GM part and it also has the sensing wire added to the system.

thanks 6 speed that alternator just plugs in right i dont have to change any wiring or reprogram computer or anything right thanks again man.

u can go on ebay an get a 200 amp alt for like 250shipped

thanks 6 speed that alternator just plugs in right i dont have to change any wiring or reprogram computer or anything right thanks again man.
    as long as you are starting with a CS130D alt then its plug and play. however i highly suggest adding the charge sensing wire.

My Tape Deck Broke
    Ive got a 300 amp alternater ill sell you I have 2 actully but was planning on keeping one for my ride
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

6. Speed if I have the 4 wire plug the sensing wire is already hooked up right?if not what wire is it I Need to hook up thanks for all your help

6. Speed if I have the 4 wire plug the sensing wire is already hooked up right?if not what wire is it I Need to hook up thanks for all your help
    s-series have a 4 pin plug but only one wire in the pigtail. the sensing wire should go to the pin marked "s" on the regulator.

Thought it was unloaded.. mattmobile's Avatar
    I need help on the s wire - charging sensor....where does it go after the alternator?

I just picked up a powermaster 47861 from a full size/pre 93 truck. I have a 95 4.3 and there is only one wire running to the back of my alt; the L wire for the light on the dash.

I had to splice the plug from the old truck to my truck for the alternator. I picked up a 1 wire plug (L) and a two wire plug (LS). I wired in the one wire plug but haven't fired her up yet.

Should I wire in the 2 wire plug instead? Where would the S sensing wire go if I didn't originally have one? Powermaster pamphlet says it is not needed but I'm taking your suggestion into consideration.

Thanks!