Thread: ************forklift please read.*************

************forklift please read.*************

hey man i just got the new hifonics 5 channel brutus amp is rated at 1400 rms 1k to sub channel at 1 ohm 480 for the other 4 my ques is i am putting it in my 04 blazer x i know it has a 105 amp alternator do i need to upgrade? i am also doing the big 3. i seen on forums i can get a surburban alternator from a 03 that would bolt up and give me 140 amps ,i called local alternator shop today he told me i need a 250 amp which hes trying to sell me for 650 this is my daily driver so i want it right and dependable.please let me know what is best any suggestions will be appreciated i am going to be pushing to kicker cvr 10's.thanks for your time

drop it low drive it slow f00dstampband1t's Avatar
    i would say that you should be fine. would it be a good idea and extra insurance sure. you can get a nice high amp alternator from a company that builds them for that price too!
    but as far as the suburban alternator i believe its the AD244 but im not sure if its a direct fit. i know you will need a longer belt because of the larger case though. you could probably just add an extra battery or 2 and youd be fine. good luck

thanks food stamp yea i read the ad244 is a direct bolt on .i have a second optima in my garage i was not sure if the factory alternator would be enough to charge both batteries .yea i knew about longer belt they said you need a belt that an 1" longer,

you should be ok, but then I should be as well and I did the big three and I want to upgrade my 105 as well so if you can, do so!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt