MSD ignition control unit
    ACCEL wires & components
    BLAZIN it down the streets of Bellmore

MTX/Rockford Fosgate system
    280 watts of sub-pumpin power
    400 watts rippin those highs and mids
    all faced by a Pineer DEHP4100

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    ok, this is a good story. keep in mind I have a 2.8 with about 300 pound of speaker equipment in it. Also its a 4x4 so that adds weight. Then add my 250lb fat ass. Well I was driving down the main street of my town. I stopped at a red light and there was a Vette stopped there. Well when the light turned green I floored it and burned that car to the next light. I am pretty sure it was parked there though.

Just a little humor. :D

That's pretty much the only way us 2.8ers can smoke a vette!
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ya

Why do they bother

my buddy has this little nissan NX and he keeps on taunting me about raceing. I am not so much into racing as i am entertaining with smoke. Well after work one night i was waiting at the light for them to turn green. i didn't even see him comming up till i was through the lights doin about 40km
    all i see are these two little lights comming up on my right
    of course the left laing ends a couple hundred meters up and he love to cut me off so i give her a little punch and those little light dissapeared in a hurry. Good old 4.3 POwer she moves for 40 to 120 in a heart beat but after that she get the shakes. But by then i have one and nothing matters it all behind me.

The one truck i havent been able to beat is my other buddies cherokee wit ha 4.0 i can get him at the light becasue i came composat for the hesitation but i get my ass smoke in about 5 seconds or less

The Grand Prix that couldnt keep up!

Heading down the local highway route 55 it was me and my girlfriend. When I seen a tan grand prix come up beside me and sit there, I looked he looked and I was getting irritated I didnt want to race and lose with my girl in the truck and embaress my self. Also I wasnt sure abou the 2.8 with 274 k I was like f' it I got a 4.3 at home that I need to drop any way so I mashed it. it kicked down a gear and I was going In no time I was hitting 85 and he was still about a car behind me so I didnt let off I just held it to the floor. the tranny was whining out and I just kept going the needle rounded back and around and his shut off at 100 and he got rear ended! I laughed and patted my dash saying "that'a girl"
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

So you were racing at 100 mph, and beating a grand prix, and the grand prix got rear ended going 100?

Huh?

I'm a bit lost I guess.

I can't picture it happening.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Sounds like your subject should be "The Grand Prix that i made up."

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.
    s-10 needles drowns out at 85, and you can't get it to come back around. Grand Prix has automatic shut down at 125 or something, my friend has one, it'll eat a 2.8 any day of the week, unless he misses a shift.

later

:confused: otter :confused:

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    well, I HAD a 2.8 in my blazer. It rapped out at about 75-80mph. thats down hill on a highway after waiting 5 min to reach 50-65 first. you must have a very special 2.8 to get it to get up and go after 55mph. When I slammed on the gas at 55 all I got was a load engine that had down shifted, No jump and go.

FOR MY KILL STORY--> In the last 2 weeks I've had 5 victoms. Each with a common trap. My trick was switching from peanut butter to crackers. Those mice didn't know what hit them till it was too late:cool:
    Last edited by BlazinBlue; 12-08-2001 at 06:00 PM.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar

Rice for Breakfast!!

I have an old 2.8 in my Blaze, I've never done crap to it but get a K&N airfilter about 2 weeks ago, I dont know if maybe it's just me imagining that people are always trying to race me but I always find some diot to race after school and I've never been beat by a rice burner, only by a GT Stang, and that was because I let off the gas, but I dont know maybe I'm crazy and I imagine that people are racing me when in fact they can care less that I'm there.
    Good Bye Blazer

My 2.8 has been bored 60 over :D
    It's got a k&n and flipped cover.....

I can get it up to about 110....:rolleyes:

But the 700r4 was my downfall.....

too much power :eek: :D :D :D

haha...

later

Well all i know is that i think that alot of you are b\s and I think that some of you know what your talkin about about... not saying that im correct all the time but 2.8 are slow as shit but they are consistant! The reason I know they are consisatnt is because I race in brackets at the trackk the reason i dont really race on the streets anymore is cause i was tired of getting pulled over. Plus you get payed at the track if you are good enough or should i say consistant.And as for the 2.8 that has been bored out and can supposedly reach 110 im ganna have to call a b\s on that one! Y waste the time and money on that unless you wanna take it to the track and put some reall motors on the trailer and send them home crying about how tthey got beat by a 2.8. I still Have alot to learn after all im only 16 and have been driving\racing for about a year and a half so for any body who has an s-10 or blazer always remember "THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE" dont b\s cause people can see right through that and if you lie then your not helping anything your just wasting peoples time and thoughts! so get it straight.:D

If you want I can scan the invoice of where I had the engine bored. I had it done b/c my dad blew the motor, gave it to me, and then the guys at the shop fucked up boring it ten over, and had to go 60 over.

Only way I know it can go over 100 is b/c my friend was following me in his dodge dakota, and we were going to a town not far from home b/c his mom had a heart attack and the most I could get out of it was 110, that was it.

I understand not believing it, but go to the track and see if anybody would run a 2.8......I seriously doubt it.

Now, why waste the money? I didn't, the shop fucked up, it was free. Why waste the time, I enjoy working on engines and trucks, so it wasn't a waste.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE
    That's the truth. Take it or leave it.

later

well if thats the truth man ill have to believe you but I think that if all you have is a bored out 2.8 it wont do 110 youd have to have liuke atleast a cam or an intake man!. do you have that? The reason I ran my 2.8 at the track is cause me and about 5 of my friends own s-10 traucks and s-1o blazers. We joined a club together at the track bcause lots of guys said that we werent good enough to beet anybody there but what they forgot is that its bracket racing not street racing so it doesnt matter what you run at the track from a stock geo metro to say a full blown dragster.In bracket racing it doesnt matter. so yeah i race at the track!

k&n filter
    I have a new intake, but not a new cam :)
    I also have underdrive pulley's.

That's about it :)

sorry if I got defensive

later