Thread: Ls1 going a bit haywire

LS1/9 inch curry rear end blazingrip's Avatar

Ls1 going a bit haywire

I went to take my blazer out for a drive, which I don't do as much as I used to, and the idol is wild as soon as I start it. Going up and down and when it slows down some it stays at 2000. After waiting ten minutes or so I notice that the radiator overflow hose is starting to poor out fluid. I have no idea wether or not these are related. Not sure why these would happen at the same time. Let me know what you guys think so far.

LS1/9 inch curry rear end blazingrip's Avatar
    So obviously after thinking about it a bit, I realize that it must be overheating. I looked again and noticed that the temperature gauge isnt even going up. I checked the fuses and their fine so there must be some kind of bad connection. Hopefully that's why it's not triggering the fan to turn on. The idol problem I still have no idea on.

My Tape Deck Broke
    check your thermostat
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

check vaccum lines, usually the sign of a high idle. There's other things but Id start there
    this is a test of the sig

check and clean the idle air control valve......mine idled up like that after sitting, and the idle air control valve seemed to be my problem