Thread: 1st gen 4 door bagged on 20s tub and firewall questions

My Tape Deck Broke

1st gen 4 door bagged on 20s tub and firewall questions

i couldn't really find any thing. I found a old thread but it was for second gen and non of the pics would come up. I live in california so the roads sucks ass. Its a daily driver as well. It gets up to a 115 in the summer and below freezing in the winter so I want to keep heat and air. can some one post pics of different set ups please. Post some for the rear tubs to if you would please. I haven't bought the 20s or tires yet so I have no tire size to go off of sorry.
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

My Tape Deck Broke
    no one?

I don't think your gonna be able to keep the air (much less the heat) if you bag it on 20" with out some major fab work. Just do some searching of first gen's in general (not just blazers). The front end is the same, and see what's been done.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

+1 on the blazers and s-10's having the same front parts as in the firewall and all that. it has been done to keep the heat and a/c but you will suffer some flow loss because you are changing the way it was designed, if your talking 115+ heat you may want to look into a aftermarket heat/a/c setup like i installed on my blazer, then you can shave the firewall and look much cleaner. my aftermarket setup will frost my windows in the summer lol

this is my thread but it's on a sec hen. not much would be differnt but the under side of the dash stuff. gives you a good idea. the co i went with "hot rod air" is out of business but there are others out there. i did mine for just under $700.

there are other kits like

http://www.vintageair.com/

and here is a good site for differnt brands put into one site http://www.rainbowproductsonline.com/

hope that helped,

My Tape Deck Broke
    i was hoping there would be more room because of the frame difference between the trucks and the blazers. I already crushed the box due to a castle nut coming off of my after market a arms. I really dont want to shell out 700 bucks just for a luxury item :( I really could use that $ else were like paint or rims.

Yeah, your best bet of going to be an after market system. Unless you can fab up a blower box that will work. But even then as suncad03 said, your still gonna suffer from loss of air flow. We did one on a 2nd gen (actually made 3 different ones with the same results), and with the system on hi the air movement was like it was between 1-2 on the dial. Just not enought to go through the trouble. Some one here (or on s10form with some serching) may have come up with something different, but nothing that i've heard of yet.
    TRUCK WHORE '84 tahoe blazer, '89 blazer, '92 blazer 4dr, '93 s10, '93 GMC Typhoon, '94 blazer, '02 blazer xtreme, '03 s10 xcab, & now '91 4dr blazer
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

move everything under the dash, thats how it is in my sfbd suburban
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love