Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the best bag for the buck

Registered User alterednitemare's Avatar

whats the best bag for the buck

i have 97 blazer and wanted to know which bags are the best for the price of them

there are only 2 out there have have proven them self's with little to no problems and the co's stand behind them 100%

slams http://www.airridefittings.com/store...roducts_id=822

or airlift's dominator. http://www.airridefittings.com/store...roducts_id=818

i myself only run dominator's on may of my builds and friends builds. i have had 0 problems from them, my front bags on my blazer were installed before they hit the market lol and still look like new. slams are bad ass to and have a few buddys running them, i have seen some of them have rubber problems online but they were warranted with no questions. the dominator's are cheaper and the slams i posted are the SS they have a RE thats alittle cheaper but would go with the SS

any questions just ask

thanks for the information. i'm nineteen with a part time job and going to school. so all my money i have left over goes into my truck lol and i want to buy all the right stuff for my truck and do all stuff the right way the first time lol

thanks for the information. i'm nineteen with a part time job and going to school. so all my money i have left over goes into my truck lol and i want to buy all the right stuff for my truck and do all stuff the right way the first time lol

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ill second the previous suggestion. Ive had slams for a long long time on a daily and they are great. I havent ran the dominators but everyone who does absolutely loves them, and the price on them is great. Both slam specialties and airlift have fantastic customer service, so no matter which you choose they will stand behind their products 100%

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    dominators all the way!
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

ok thanks for the input. how big of a tank do you guys recommend for the the front and rear setup and would you recommend two comps. or only one

My Tape Deck Broke
    dominaters suck there to soft and pop to easy. 2500 dominaters will not work on a v6 at all you will bottom out on bumps and risk popping a bag on large bumps. I made the mistake of trying them ill never use them again. v6 id run slamspecialty 7's in the front 4 cyle could run 6s but i would still run 7s. rear if its bag over axle id run firestone sleeved 9001. 9000 again is to soft. People love them but they dont know what there missing and dont run a heavy load. If the bags are on the bars just run slams.
    Honk if you love peace and quiet

i dont know why everyone says that about a 2500 bag. I ran them for years with my v8 and it was fine. A bump shouldnt pop a bag unless something else is wrong. The only thing i can think of is they were over extending when the suspension rebounded which will happen with any bag.

My Tape Deck Broke
    a 2500 slam will hold a v8 it will take more psi to get it to ride highth. You will also feel the smaller bumps more but will be softer on big bumps and dips. a bag can pop from hitting a bump to hard to were the bag can not support the vehicle the wheel is forced up on a fully inflated bag causing the bag to pinch it self on the inside.

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    dominaters suck there to soft and pop to easy. 2500 dominaters will not work on a v6 at all you will bottom out on bumps and risk popping a bag on large bumps. I made the mistake of trying them ill never use them again. v6 id run slamspecialty 7's in the front 4 cyle could run 6s but i would still run 7s. rear if its bag over axle id run firestone sleeved 9001. 9000 again is to soft. People love them but they dont know what there missing and dont run a heavy load. If the bags are on the bars just run slams.

are you high??? wont work on a v6? everything you just stated is completely false!
    Last edited by phatfarmer2; 02-16-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

I have conitech 2500 up front and 2600 in the rear. Never had any issues with them. I do notice the 2500 take more air.
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

My Tape Deck Broke
    have you used them on a v6? I have Ive also sold them. you cant even drive low you hit the brakes and they compress so much that the truck drags on the ground. also on a blazer they wont even lift individual sides! You want a video? I sold a ton of these things and wanted to try them out now that I tried them out people have had enough time to use them and they all say the same things. ill never run a 2500 dominater on the front again.

as i already said i ran a 2500 airlift bag (the older 2b6's) on my blazer for years, daily driven, and with a v8. ride height was about 80 psi and it rode great. Hit sides, locked out the control arms and road pretty fucking good. If yours wouldnt lift one side you had some other problem

Vamos Mantequilla!!! ProfessorKaos's Avatar
    I like dominators personally

'93 bodied Std. Cab....Classick
    Midwestminis.net <- Go There!