Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gas lines and a bolt in notch???

gas lines and a bolt in notch???

how have you guys dealt with this?I plan on removing the lines for cutting but will i be able to put them back? do i just bend them out of the way?
    its on a 89 blazer and they are in the frame rail.want to finish this up today so any help would be great.

Loosen up the plastic retainers (clips) holding the lines to the frame. This should give you enough room to pull them out the way.
    There's really no need to reconnect the clips. I put a put piece of rubber hose to cover the fuel lines where they come in contact
    with the notch bolt/nut.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Ron View Post
    Loosen up the plastic retainers (clips) holding the lines to the frame. This should give you enough room to pull them out the way.
    There's really no need to reconnect the clips. I put a put piece of rubber hose to cover the fuel lines where they come in contact
    with the notch bolt/nut.
    thanx ron

yeah i did the same thing, just moved them above the notch...drove with it like that for 100k miles never had a problem.
    this is a test of the sig

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    drove mine today just like that, and have been the past 4 years. I also just wrapped them in some cardboard, and undid a few of those clips a long the frame and pulled them as far away as i could while cutting the notch

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    drove mine today just like that, and have been the past 4 years. I also just wrapped them in some cardboard, and undid a few of those clips a long the frame and pulled them as far away as i could while cutting the notch
    so you didnt remove them to cut?is it hard to remove them?

I didn't remove mine, I just pulled them away as much as I could. Protected them with some scrap metal while I did my notch, which actually including welding. Made sure they didn't rub an anything when I was done, and they wound up only being slightly out of position. Been that way for about five years now.

no id didnt remove them. Just undid a few of the little plastic clips and move them out of the way. Once you get up under it you will see there are 2 or 3 clips that hold the metal line to the frame between the fuel filter and the tank, just loosen, or undo them and the gas line piece above the notch will move more than enough out of the way. Just pay attention to where and what you're cutting and you'll be fine

well i got the notch and 4/5 finished today well kind of.oh i went ahead and took out the gas lines and just ran rubber lines instead.I got tired of messing with it trying to get the notch in place and drill blahblahblah.anyways the front is sitting 1.5ish higher.so im going to align it and drive it for a few before i mess with it again.

Looks good. I did the same thing when I did my 8 inch notch. Btw where u from. The neighbor hood looks fimilar
    My project thread 89 bagged 2door
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68023

Wife's daily
    2002 chevy blazer 4 door 2wd ls

My daily
    2000 Gmc jimmy 2 door 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by dragnblazer View Post
    Looks good. I did the same thing when I did my 8 inch notch. Btw where u from. The neighbor hood looks fimilar
    thanx I'm over in west sacramento

looks great, you will be much happier with a notch, no matter how much of a pain it was to install.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    looks great, you will be much happier with a notch, no matter how much of a pain it was to install.
    i think the rear shocks pissed me off more LOL the top was just too wide on the street performance to get a socket on them real good or even in there for that matter.

yea blazer rear shocks suck to do. FIrst time i did mine had about 12 years of road grime and shit fall into my face the whole time. Second time wasnt nearly as bad lol

well i said screw it and dropped the front the other inch today.looks so much better but now i need to get a longer screw for my center caps. cant wait to get it aligned and start driving it again to see how it rides.