Thread: LS Blazer help

Hybrid View

LS Blazer help

I'm swapping and 2005 escalade 5.3ls into my 95 4dr was wondering if anyone out there has done an ls swap in a blazer that could give me any tips or help me with wiring??? I also really want too run a 5 or 6spd transmission but im having trouble on find what trannys/bell housings will work for this any ideas???

lt1swap.com is the place i went to get all the info to mod the harness.

Your truck looks 4wd in the picture. Is that so? Haven't seen too many swaps with 4wd and from what I have seen it looks more challenging.

I suggest reading up in the LSx part of S10forum. Tons and tons of info there. Here is my write up on doing it on a tight budget. It is still a work in process, but other than the wiring most of the info has been proven out before by others.

T56 is about your only 6 speed option. You will need an LS1 style transmission from a Camaro for it to bolt up.

5 speeds i'm not terribly familiar with, but most of the trucks use the NV4500 which isn't well suited for performance because of size and gearing. An NV3500 might work, but I don't know what vehicle to pull one from with the correct bellhousing.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service