Thread: Check Engine light burnt out?

Check Engine light burnt out?

03 S10 P/U, check engine light does not illuminate when you turn the key. When hooked up to diagnostics, it throws 2 codes plus a check engine light out fault.
    I pulled the dash and looked, looks like all the lights are lit to me.
    I'm looking at 6 lights(looks like just gauge illumination) and 3 small light(right/left/high beam).
    What makes the check engine light, light?
    Like, don't say a code or whatever, I mean like, what physically lights it up? A bulb? Where is it?
    If its burnt out how do I get to it to change it?
    Thanks in advance,

So, I went back through and pulled everything back out and checked my work(I was really tired when I did this the first time) So, it was throwing a check engine light lite, but no light was visible, checked all the bulbs(good), pulled the gauge cluster and cracked it open, seperated all the pieces, and there it was, leds!!! They put leds in to light up all the indicator lights and sealed it inside the guage cluster. So why didn't they just use leds for everything? So they can charge $300-$400 just to change a light bulb!!!(that's bullshit) Anyway, so the led was good. Then I held up the gauge film to the light and no light passed through it. So I took a really good look at it, so jackass, got inside there and put a piece of electrical tape inside over the check engine light film. That many hours of labor to hide a check engine light, they coulda just fixed the dam problem, ends up just being #1 O2 sensor and a gas cap to pass smog. Man I'm glad I didn't pay someone to figure this out, I can't imagine the bill.
    Thanks for listening to me ramble,
    PS Still can't believe the stupidity of some people!!!!!!