Thread: lack of power on 03 blazer

Hybrid View

lack of power on 03 blazer

So i got this 03 blazer xtreme lowered and with a k&n but i feel like it has a lack of power its only got 42,000 on it and idk it just seems like its all not their i can even get the thing to break loose any won have any ideas my mom had a 1997 blazer 4.3 and that thing broke loose easy as heck can i have some help please thanks

you have a few hundred pounds of ground effects and brackets from a regular blazer. Not sure of the wheel and tire difference from your xtreme or your mom's blazer. The 4.3 puts down a wopping 105hp to the wheels stock. I have an injen short ram intake and dynomax muffler and put 167hp to the wheels after a dyno tune.

73WYoqBIemc

a guy with a 4dr and a drop in filter and flowmaster put 155hp to the wheels after a tune.
    Last edited by blazin4low; 04-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

if you search 2003 blazer xtreme info it comes up as saying it should have around 190 HP tell me if im wrong im just saying

i got it know its 190 at the fly wheel so hows ur blazer run after you did what you did i was thinking about taking mine to a dyno is it worth it

i would pressure test the exhaust system to check the status of the catalytic convertor.

i would pressure test the exhaust system to check the status of the catalytic convertor.

if you search stock horsepower you will find 190hp, and yes it's flywheel. Just like a 505hp vett is 400 something at the wheels.

after a full tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor), cleaned the filler and mass air meter and with the dyno tune the blazer runs great. When I first kicked it in the ass it was like I had a 50 shot of nitrous. Now I'm use to it and could use more, but that's with anything. It also spins the tires when I lauch it from about 1500rpm.

with that said, for the $200 I spent on the tune to gain 50+hp, yes it was worth it. Just have all mods you want, done before the tune or you will have to retune it.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me