Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: replaced my injector and throttle spring, now no run

replaced my injector and throttle spring, now no run

the original spring was shot and I was tired of putting my foot behind the pedal and pulling it. Also swapped the fuel injector as it was leaking, which I think was the lower gasket and not the injector now. So now it starts and runs fine, but if I try to hit the gas, it tries to die on me. I replaced those little gaskets, the rubber gasket under the injector, the metal ring and the rubber ring at the top of the injector, what did I do or what happened?
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

still trying to get the engine running. Everytime I get it started it surges and then runs good after a minute or so. I can rev it while its cold, but the warmer it gets the less it wants to rev without dying!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Iron duke? I don't know much about them, but I can try to pull up some service documents for you.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

yes the 2.5 iron duke, its pissing me off

I'm not pulling up anything helpful in my digital service manual. I will try to remember to check my factory service manual when I'm home this weekend.

have you tried putting the old injector back in and starting it?
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

i rebuilt the whole thing, still having issues with it not wanting to rev, but idle is perfect. I unplugged the MAP while running, it died, unplugged the IAC, nothing, TPS, nothing
    I ohm tested the old IAC to a new one and it seemed close to tolerance, 51-50ohm and 53-50ohm

so vacuum all over the TB, but not at the intake ports? Also nothing at the inlet piece on the air intake above the stovepipe
    unplugged the vacuum canister, but got nothing there at all. This pulls vacuum at the intake, not at the tb like the map
    pull the big vacuum line on front of the tb, it dies
    unplug the map, it dies
    swapped the map, didnt help
    voltage and ohm tested the map and tps, both seem good, but I cant vacuum pull the map, dont have a pump
    ohm tested the old IAC against a new one, seems close to the same ohms
    unplug the iac or tps, doesnt do a thing
    rebuillt the tb with all new gaskets

So I brought in the distributor module and got it tested, they said it was bad, I replaced it, its still down, wtf?

also when I tested the timing it showed that I was at something like 30-40 degrees before tdc. The indicator was like 1 1/2" before the timing tab.
    Last edited by Forklift; 05-11-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Not sure of the duke is the same as 2.8, but did you disconnect the wire under the dash before testing the timing?
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Marine Intake swap by me

theres 2 jumper wires for it at the underdash aldl?. it brings the idle down and starts flashing the CEL very slowly, so yes I put it into base timing mode

When did you do the timing? Does it run in timing mode? I found with my 2.8 the hard way that after setting the timing I had to hook the wire back up before shutting the truck down. Otherwise it would hardly start or run right.

it was the brand new injector, it was bad right out the gate. I had to go over there when the manager wasnt there and they ordered another one for me. So after two weeks of the truck being down, testing everything, pulling the bed 2x (had to get the wife to help!), buying a new distributor module, new fuel pump (their gauge said it was bad, found out they had a bad gauge), and strainer, new fuel filter, pcv, and about 3-4 solid days wasted on this shit, the manager is getting a piece of my mind when he gets back tuesday, if not Im going up the chain!

Thought so
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Marine Intake swap by me

It's gotten to be where you don't know if you are good parts or not from the parts stores. A couple of years ago I had to replace a brake booster, three boosters later I got one that worked.