Thread: Lighting problem

Question Lighting problem

K 91 S10 blazer lighting issues it's different day to day some times when I put my foot on the brake dash lights come on buzzer gos off like lights are on then right turn single 4 don't work then other times it works but then when my lights are on the right brake light stays on all the time it's crazy

there is a ground on the bottom of the dash try that it may be lose mine did some crazy stuff when it was its right under the the colum down towards your pedals

When i bought my blaze it did some dome shit like that also! It ended up being a bad ground under the dash aswell!
    Bass is not a crime officer!

I didn't find any loose grounds so I'm thinking it's something in the column

it should be a bad ground somewhere. look around on your dash under it I mean 4 any loose wires I

Also I believe there is a small ground on the kickpanel side near the e-brake.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    tap a ground wire, and reground it to a better location. It cleared up a strange gauge problem for me

Cant find a loose ground we where messing with it the other day had a wire spark under the dash can't get it to do it again

The hole thing is weird turn the lights on right tail light automatically gos to brake light no rear turn single then some days hit the brakes and front parking lights come on and dash lights I'm lost

Quote Originally Posted by Stayput View Post
    K 91 S10 blazer lighting issues it's different day to day some times when I put my foot on the brake dash lights come on buzzer gos off like lights are on then right turn single 4 don't work then other times it works but then when my lights are on the right brake light stays on all the time it's crazy
    This is an issue of wiring or ground. Hire good mechanic

I had a weird issue with my blazer when I had it, I would turn on the blinker (drivers side) and every dash light would blink (digi dash) every exterior light would flash besides the headlights, even the license plate lamps. I know my share of electrical, so I started with the most recent thing that I did to the truck, turns out when I removed the tail light that had burnt out, broke as I was taking it out of the socket, I did not check for anything left behind, turns out there was a piece of metal that was contacting both parking/brake light positives in the socket causing a short...

Basically, simple things can cause weird things. Like has been said, i would start with with the ground that is under the dash, next, think of anything you might have possibly done recently. and if it started after you did that, and trace your steps back.