Thread: Rookie With Questions

Rookie With Questions

Hello,
    New to the site and to Blazer's. Ive picked up a 1994 S10 Blazer 2 Door and getting her back to life. Want to do light modifications and have questions.

Who makes a good roll pan. One that is user friendly with A receiver... Possibly "Hide-A-Way"

Can A Typhoon Front Bumper Fit My Truck. If So, do I need to do anything else?

Are there any bright headlights out there without having to get an HID Set-up. All I really find is Syvania.

Thanks for looking and Hoping for great responses! Truck is in the shop getting stripped down and ready for paint already :)

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure the typhoon bumper will "bolt up" to any first gen truck or SUV including your Blazer. Can't tell you much other than that.

For headlights I use 200mm H4 european spec (E-code) housings since they are rated for higher wattage bulbs and have a nice cutoff. Whenever I get in my other vehicles I miss having the light output the S10 has. It helps that it is at stock height, but the housings help even more.

Hella and Cibie are the quality brands for this. This guy says he had good luck with the Autopal brand too.

Some purchasing options:

Autopal on eBay

Hella Kit

Hella Housing

The lenses are glass, so a quality lense protector is suggested like a clear 3M style film. I used the 7x8 cut to fit sheets from lamin-x.com.

You will also need to upgrade the factory wiring with relays to use the higher wattage bulbs. I got away with it for awhile, but eventually melted one of the connectors. This wasn't a good idea. At that point I made my own relay harness, but there are many different kits out there.

Lastly aiming the headlights correctly makes a big difference.

Headlight Aiming How-To
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

0.o Looks like I have a lot of learning to do. Thank you for such a detailed work of art. Anything about the rollpan too that you can add?

I don't want to replace one bumper and not the other. I believe it won't look balanced at all. Love the chrome look but im not trying to fill molding holes and get it re dipped.

Can't say I know much.

I've heard good things about Sir Micheal's roll pans and Grand Kustoms has quality metal products.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

I believe a typhoon front bumper will look a little out of place without the side cladding as well.

Like Harley said, try either sir micheal's or Grant Kustoms for a pan.
    2002 S10 Blazer 22's - currently undergoing a a major revamp!
    -->Project Full Feature<--
    http://noaffiliation.net/index.php?s...35fee061aa940b

Sounds good.
    Thank You!

Only thing to do now is track down a bumper :/ Everything around here has absolutely nothing. But I Will Not Give Up

Will be back with more questions!

The rear sliders in some of the 2-Door Blazers. They will just easily swap into a Blazer that has non-sliders right? (Stupid Question)

And Opinion. The Rear Spoiler Yes or No ?

Also If anyone in my area has The sliders and Spoiler, I`m looking to buy!!

IMO A Blazer looks better w/o the rear spoiler. I won't question their functionality, but they do take away from the Blazers lines. If you were closer I'd give you a spoiler

As far as rear sliders go, I'm not a fan of them and yes they will swap, I'm unsure how easily though.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

I've been back and forth about removing my wing. With it color matched to the blazer I left it!
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

Go with grant customs roll pan. I got one for my89 blzr. U have to cut about 3 inches off the end of your frame to
    make it fit. So no hidden hitch without heavy mods. Oh yes weld in pan not bolt in. But a quality piece that fits perfect