Thread: need help v8 conversion 93 4dr 4wheel drive

Hybrid View

need help v8 conversion 93 4dr 4wheel drive

got a 93 4x4 that i wan to put a 400 in that my homie trying to sell me thats bored .40 over now. So what all would i need to buy for this conversion and what off the 4.3 can i use. Also i want to change it to all wheel drive. Its bouy 6 inches worth of drop on the front and the 4wheel drive works fine no binding. Someone please help i want this to be a easy swap and fast like in on friday and sitting on the track that sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Terry Lyons
    C.C.
    Grounded 4 Life
    Concepts

The 93's were the hardest due to the OBDI(.5) ECM (computer) If you are carbing it or using an aftermarket ECM (ECU)
    then it should be just about as simple as putting in any other Smallblock 350 size V8
    If you want OEM ECM/ECU - get one from a 1/2 ton that had the 350 as an option & get a flashed Eprom from Summit or wherever for your 400 V8
    (one for the engine size 1 for gearing ratio)

Maybe lift the body for any clearance issues & move the steering shaft for manifold/header clearance
    Do a rad mod &/or use electric fams to assist the cooling.
    The tranny if the 700r4 may have issues with the torque of the 400
    Regards,
    Dougofthenorth

SAVE TURTLES http://www.turtleshelltortue.org

Quote Originally Posted by terrylyons View Post
    got a 93 4x4 that i wan to put a 400 in that my homie trying to sell me thats bored .40 over now. So what all would i need to buy for this conversion and what off the 4.3 can i use. Also i want to change it to all wheel drive. Its bouy 6 inches worth of drop on the front and the 4wheel drive works fine no binding. Someone please help i want this to be a easy swap and fast like in on friday and sitting on the track that sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First of all welcome to the forum...
    Second, check out the stickies at the top of the various forum topics as they have most of the the answers your looking for, the SEARCH button should answer the rest.
    Lastly, if youve never done a v8 swap before which doesnt look like it by the questions asked, dont get your hopes up on a fast install unless youve got an experienced person whos done it before helping you do it.

Most of the 4.3 components should be able to be used on the 400 like the brackets and accessory drives, tranny if 700r4 should be fine as well. Driveshaft "should" be fine as well depending on motor placement. The stock radiator should be fine as well but youll most likely need to upgrade to an electric fan for efficient cooling. If your going carbed the stock fuel pump can be used if you use a regulator to lower the pressure or you can use an aftermarket one... All in all its not that difficult to do, just alot to change around and can take time to do... Do your research before you start and youll be ok...
    Last edited by Nite Dragon; 09-14-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics