Thread: non-ac heater/defrost/vent blower setup?

non-ac heater/defrost/vent blower setup?

Im looking at the http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-991106/ setup and its add-ons, but I need it to just do blower for just getting some cool non ac-ed air moving around and it doesnt do it without heat. Any other opinions you guys know of? I live in the nw and dont really need ac, except maybe 4-5x a year, so adding a whole Vintage setup isnt an option and would cost me more than what I paid for the whole truck.

Im kind of thinking that I need to hook it up so some dash mounts will just have fans sucking in outside air and a separate heater/defrost
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Did your truck come without any blower system? What's wrong with using the factory heavy duty heater option (aka heat w/no A/C)?
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

im hitting it with my tire
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I was hoping the smaller blower box would clear. It is metal though...

nope, cant even lay out on these 17s

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    the non ac trucks had little pull handles that opened up the two plastic vents in the kicks to cowl air. That should force some pretty nice air in on warmer days. However ive only seen about 2 trucks with them, so it might be hard to find a set

I have that, but I have the blazers kick panels in there and they cover the vents and the vents were bent and non-op any ways and when I get stuck in Portland traffic (I work 1 mile off I-5 and live 6 miles off it so 14 miles through Portland on I-5) and I need some dam air!

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    take the non ac box off and move the bolwer motor up.. few hours with a welder will solve the prob.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmer2 View Post
    take the non ac box off and move the bolwer motor up.. few hours with a welder will solve the prob.
    That's what I was thinking.

I have those floor vents and love them, but need to remember to tell people not to use the parking brake when they borrow my truck since they think the driver side vent handle is for the parking brake *face palm* Parking brake isn't hooked up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmer2 View Post
    how much more will i get out of that?

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    as much room as you want.. you can modify them to clear 20's
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

ok, junkyarding I go this weekend, its driving me mental hitting it all the time and the fan is missing some parts so might as well make it a 2fer while Im at it